Chapter 10- Very Welcoming...

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates on this story ^-^; currently experiencing writers block and final week of school. I'm gonna try and update at least every two weeks, writers block or not! Also, thanks for nearly 500 reads c: NOT READ THROUGH!

The jolly dwarf happily skipped in front of Martyn and Xephos, chatting on and on about how the blonde would fit so well in the group which only left Martyn even more confused then before. Since he'd never really had contact with any other human type species before, he got a little weary at how kind and welcoming Honeydew was, and Xephos. He was taught by Sapphire, his mentor, that he should never trust any other species except his own. Only Mother Nature's beloved animals are your friends. Some crap like that.

They all walked through a long white corridor, almost seeming like an endless journey, as they made their way toward what Honeydew called "The Meeting place".  The nature spirit was honestly quite terrified. The blue eyed man said that there were all sorts of strange people, which sounded as if he were being led to a dungeon of a hunter. 

"Some of our friends are still making there way over, so not everyone will be there" said Xephos, breaking the calm silence they had. Well apart from the dwarfs constant nattering.

"Wait... Did you ask everyone to come?" Martyn asked, slightly worried at how many 'people' there will actually be. 

"No, no! Don't worry, we all have a little meeting every now and then to see what everyone is doing" the other explained, giving him a comforting smile which surprisingly did help Martyn.

The blonde nodded, stopping instantly to gaze around the room they had suddenly entered. It was very large compared to the make shift bed from the other room. Near the corner, there was some sort of small pool which had bubble popping out every once in a while. Across from it there was a weirdly shaped bed, badly constructed, that had wheels? Apparently? In the center, around 6 people were gathered around a table surrounded by chairs. Martyn recognized to of them, the mage and scientist, to which he gulped in slight terror. 

"EVERYONE!" the dwarf shouted, causing the only female to squeak and all of them turn towards them. All eyes on Martyn.

"WE HAVE A NEW GUEST THAT WE MUST GREET AND APOLOGIZE TOO!" he screamed, making Xephos cover up the dwarfs mouth to not cause any earthquakes. 

The purple man and scientist both grinned sheepishly as the other 4 gave them confused glances and  glares. Luckily taking all of the gazes off of the ex-prince. Phew.

The man with a very grey face rolled his eyes and huffed, "Okay, 1. Who the hell is he? and 2. What did goggles boy and scarf face do this time?" he said, crossing his arms firmly.

"Well, Sips. Rythian here decided to help Lalna with one of his 'experiment tests' and shot poor Marty here in the arm to bring him back!" Honeydew glared, causing Martyn to raise an eyebrow and others to talk quietly.

"Well, to be fair, Teep shot him with the arrow not me. However, i wan the one who brought him back." Rythian explained, earning a small growl of agreement and hate from the green reptile.

Martyn's eyes widened when he looked at the dinosaur, taking a small step back but Xephos had put an arm around his back.

"Look, the least you could do was introduce yourselves." he exclaimed, slowly taking the blonde toward the group while Honeydew followed close behind. 

The group hesitantly agreed, some still weary of Martyn while Xephos politely let him sit on a chair.

"Well, you should know Rythian and Duncan now. Probably Teep too, but i'm Zoey! I really really like mushrooms and OMG i'm super sorry about your arm! We didn't mean it." she quickly blurted, leaving Martyn slightly dumbfounded to recall exactly what she just said to him. He slowly nodded, giving a small smile.

"I'm Sips." the grey skinned man mumbled (he looked like an old man) and leaned back on the chair he was on.

The brunette next to him, who was wearing a very similar suit to Sips grinned, "I'm Sjin, nice to meet you?" he chuckled, Martyn knowing how awkward 'Sjin' felt.

"Now that that's cleared out of the way, 'Martyn'. Why don't you tell us what you actually are?" Sips glared, causing the blonde to gulp.

He didn't really want to tell them. At all. Mainly for the fact they could be hunters or they are just trying to murder him anyway. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, all eyes still glued to him.

"W-well..." he stuttered out, before Sips stood suddenly.

"I bet you guys he's working for Israphel!" he spat, " He's probably one of those undercover spies or something! I don't trust you one bit kid!" he shouted, before Xephos glared daggers at Sips.

"What makes you think that he's evil? Don't you think Israphel really needs minions anymore?" Sjin mumbled, only receiving a death glare from Sips.

Martyn sat quietly, looking down, as Sips and Xephos rambled about something. He knew it was best for him to leave, but something just paralyzed him to stay seated between the group. He flinched slightly as the red haired woman touched his shoulder, still giving him a bubbly smile as she whispered:

"Are you a nature spirit?" 

The question shot through him like bullet. 

How did she find out? What gave it away? Did anyone else know? And why is she so calm?!

All these questions flew around his head like racing cars, making him panic and be forced to let out a numb nod. He gripped the chair with his hand, no one else other then the two of them noticing, and waited for a reply. He let himself relax, slightly confused, as she smiled.

"I won't tell anyone! I promise!" she grinned, her bubbly smile returning swiftly. 

He found himself smiling back, then waiting for the rest of the strange group to stop bickering. Eventually, they did. Xephos standing straight and smiling at Martyn.

"It may sound a bit personal, Martyn, but we would like to know what you were doing near Rythian and Zoey's portal anyway. I know Twilight species wouldn't usually do that, so why did you?", he asked while sitting down.

"It's kind of a long story..." he said, twiddling his thumbs slight, completely aware he'll have to tell them everything eventually. Everything.

"We have time." Rythian stated, "We'll wait for the rest to get here and we'll get to know you a little bit better, Martyn" he finished.

The blonde gulped. More people. More danger. Oh crap.

Welp, this'll be a long day for him.