Chapter 2- Arrival

The little prince was growing up very fast: causing mischief throughout the kingdom, staying out in the forest until Luke came to find him and just being the adorable prince he is. However, one day in the forest, he saw 3 strange creatures walking through the woods, large swords in hand and broken leather armor covering their bodies. They looked kind of like Martyn, however they did not have pointed ears or sharpened teeth. Strange.

Climbing into the trees to get a better look, Martyn watched the three strangers wander through the forest, carelessly stomping through the woodland like it was a wasteland. They were mumbling to each other, all of the voices laced with annoyance and sadness. He heard some very strange words he never heard anyone say in his kingdom before, one of them sounding like...duck? Weird beasts.

"Where are we now?!" one of the smaller ones shouted, kicking a small daffodil in frustration, causing Martyn to frown.

"I don't know! Stop complaining for fuck sake!" the taller one said, glaring daggers at the other.

The smallest huffed, holding his head, "We need to find a place to stay." he mumbled and pointed to a large cave in the mountain.

The nature spirit gasped, they couldn't go there! That was where Luke said a big, bad monster lived and it ate people up with all of its heads!

-----------Sapling Kingdom- Throne Room------------

The man panted as he barged through the throne room doors, earning gasps from the couple who sat on the throne.

"Your Majesty's, i have urgent news from the Guild Master" he panted before quickly bowing in respect.

"And what may this be?" King Jax asked, obviously very concerned for the safety of his kingdom.

The messenger caught his breath and stood up straight, "The Guild Master said you should read it..." he announced, holding out a small note to the King.

Jax quickly took the note, Esmerelda looking at her beloved with concern. The King frowned and stood up in an instant.

"Gather the army and prepare for attack!" He roared, "We must not let out defenses fall!" he again said, to which the guards and the messenger quickly scurried off.

A loud bell rang followed by a few scream and several shouts. The Queen stood up and took a hold of Jax's hand, "What on earth is it Jax?" he said, he voice full of worry.

He looked down, grabbing his bow from the side of his throne, "The reficules are declaring war on The sapling kingdom" he sighed.

Esmerelda gasped, "No... Not now!" she said, teas starting to form in her eyes as she held her husband's hand.

"I'm sorry.... Go get Martyn and hide in the Castle's basement with everyone else..." he said, his eyes never leaving the red carpet.

The tears slowly fell from he sky blue eyes as she kissed his cheek, "Be safe" she said, before running off to find and protect her son.

The King sighed, grabbing a diamond helmet before running outside to prepare for battle.

------------- The Sapling Kingdom- Castle Walls-----------

Luke's eyes stared into the horizon, waiting for the reficules to pop out at any second. He suddenly felt a delicate hand be placed upon his shoulder. He turned his head, he gasped.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing her? You should be in the Castle with the Citizens!" he said, looking at the brunette with worry.

Esmerelda shook her head, "Where's Martyn? I can't find him anywhere!" she said, eyes puffy and red from crying. He honestly wouldn't blame her, he would brake down if he could.

"He was with Sapphire, i thought she brought him back an hour ago?" he said, suddenly overrun with panic.

"No.... Where's my son!?"

Luke looked into the forest, smoke rose from the sky.

"They're here..."