Chapter 8- Friend?

Martyn, wake up.

Come on, wake up!

Martyn slowly opened his sky blue eyes, looking around at the room he stood in.He glanced around at the scene that unfolded before him. It was him when he was younger, with his...Parents...

He and his family looked so happy. So innocent. He shook his head, trying to get this painful image out of his mind. He stopped when the cobble below him started to crumble and when he looked up, his parents were on the floor. Dead and lifeless. He screamed, and so did his younger self, as they fell into a dark abyss.

He was about to scream once more, but he jolted awake and looked around to see he was in another cage. Great. He tried to sit up, however the world began to grow fuzzy and spin around him. He groaned, holding his head and trying to stop the nausea he was currently fazing.

As soon as the sickness had faded, the door slammed open which cause the blonde to groan in pain. Angry shouts slowly began to make their towards him, some pleading and one louder voice booming over the rest. His cage door was unlocked rather quickly, the same anger being used to fling the cage the door open. He could only make out a few sentences of the current conversation between, what sounded like, 3 people. Only two of them sounding familiar. The two men he had met earlier. Rythian and Lalna.

Martyn eventually looked up to see a brunette haired man, anger lacing his face, shouting at what was Rythian and Lalna. His eyes were the brightest blue he had ever seen and he had a small glow on his cheeks as well, strange.

"I expected better from you, friend." the new male calmly, but angrily said to the scientist.

"But Xeph! He's not human. It wouldn't technically be testing on humans." the other blonde mumbled.

"That's not the point! He isn't as human as you nor me are and we shall not treat our fellow adventurers like you have been doing!"

"Xephos, we don't know what...IT could do to us. Think of who it could hurt: Lomadia, Honeydew" came the voice of Rythian, seeming very calm.

None of them seemed to notice him being awake, so he quietly tried to stand as their conversation continued. However, the one they called 'Xephos' stomped his foot down out of anger, which cause his to groan loudly. He knew all three pairs of eyes were on him and he felt sick.

"This is what i mean Lalna. You wouldn't do tests on Simon, would you? And he's definitely not human." Xephos was now talking quietly, yet still angrily.

"Well of course not! But i've known him for years!"

"But you wouldn't of done tests on him as soon as you met, would you?"

"Well... No... But this is different-"

"This is not different, Lalna! He is not as different as you, Simon, Rythian or me. I don't think you would treat any of use badly, bar Rythian, so don't treat him badly" Xephos had finally finished talking before he stepped into the cage with Martyn.

Martyn tensed, not really wanting to be moved or touched at the moment. One arm wrapped around his back and another around his legs, both of them slowly lifting him up. The moment he was lifted off the ground, the nausea quickly returned and a knot grew in Martyn's stomach. He groaned in discomfort and tried to hold his head, but could only flop his arm onto his chest.

"This is what i mean by treating him badly." Xephos said quietly, understanding Martyn's pain and said blonde being grateful for that, "Now, i'm going to get Lom to help him feel better and actually get to know who he is" the blue eyed man spoke, walking out the small room.

Once the door was closed, a frustrated yell came from the scientist. He saw the brunette roll his eyes and walk through the white corridor.

Once again, the world began to spin and Martyn couldn't take the sickness anymore. So he let his head drop and closed his eyes, trying to get some semi-decent sleep.

"Let's fix you up, friend."

"Wait... Friend?"