Chapter 7- Hostage?

Muffled voices echoed around the blonde's head, calm and angry shouts inaudible to him. He scrunched up his already closed eyes, groaning loudly at the pain that still tingled in his shoulder. He could make out that he was laying on a very cold surface, cobble? Metal? He didn't know.

The voices quietened down, footsteps indicating someone was coming closer and the large noise they made in his head caused him to groan again. He could barely make out any of the hushed whispers, but he could faint conversation.

"Is... it okay?"

"Quiet! It may wake up!"

"Guys, stop treating HIM like an animal!"

"We don't know what IT could do, though"

He could feel a small growl rise in the back of his throat, but it wouldn't be released from the fact he was still too weak. Martyn, instead, slowly opened his eyes and squinted at a very bright light that shone down on him. Once his eyes adjusted to the unnatural light, he could make out three....humans? Yeah, humans standing in front of him, all staring down at him through bars.

Wait, bars!? Now that just pissed Martyn off! How dare they put him in a cage and almost killing him for christ sake. He let out his growl that was in the back of his throat, but it came out lower and more aggressive then he had wanted.

"Do we need to put him out again?" came the voice of the tall, lanky brunette he saw from the forest.

"No Rythian! He's just a little cranky, aren't ya?" came the voice of the female, bouncy red-head her question obviously aimed at him.

He stared at the blonde in the middle, instantly growling loudly and glaring daggers at him. He new he was a scientist, it was blatantly obvious by the lab coat and goggles. He hated scientists, with a passion, for taking away some of his ents from the Twilight.

"A bit feisty are we?" came the voice of the scientist, grinning slightly.

Martyn tried to speak, but it only came out as a low grumble. He tried to sit up in the cage he was in, however he let out a very quiet whimper as he fell back down again. The red headed girl gasped, running up to the cage but quickly being stopped by the man they called Rythian.

"What are you doing, Zoey! It could hurt you!" he shouted at her, making the nature spirit hold his head.

"Rythian, he's injured! Xephos will probably only hurt him more if he looks dangerous, which i doubt that because he looks harmless at the moment!" she calmly yelled back at him,"Besides, we can't just leave him like this! In pain!"

Martyn huffed at the word 'hamless', he sat in thought though as the name 'Xephos' floated around his mind. Mother was talking about some spaceman and dwarf saving the world a while ago, could they be real?

"He could be pretending you know, Zoey." the green eyed freak, aka the scientist, spoke to her, "I don't trust his kind."

"Wait, you actually know what species he is!?" Rythian shouted.

"Yes. He's an elf, it's obvious-"

"How can you prove that, Lalna?" Rythian cut him off, glaring at him.

"Well, his teeth are abnormally sharp and he has pointed ears. It's just observations." 'Lalna' replied, crossing his arms and returning the spiteful glare.

Martyn eventually had enough, he growled at the scientists wrong statement and slowly pushed himself up with his healthy arm.

"I-i'm not an elf...." he whispered, shaking slightly from all the energy he was using up and at how scared his voice sounded.

"So you do speak and if your not an elf, what are you?" Lalna asked, raising an eyebrow at his sudden movement.

"W-well" he hissed as his arm was about to collapse from all the pressure he was putting on it, "You're a scientist, aren't you? Figure it out yourself if you think you're so smart" he finished, ending with a smirk.

The other blonde growled, "Don't you get cocky now, you've forgotten who's the one inside a cage" he grinned, almost insanely.

"And you've actually forgotten how idiotic you actually are" he spat back.

He saw Lalna's eyes flare with rage and reach for a weird metal object, however he collapsed before he could defend himself. The world kept spinning as Zoey gasped, but the rest of their conversation was muffled out by the sound of Martyn's own heartbeat rattling through his ears. He gave into the darkness that was trying to put him to sleep, but not before he heard a small word that made his whole body freeze.

"Well, he's our hostage now, so he will do as Xephos says."

Wait. What?