𝟯𝟴 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗳❞ 🧃

Start from the beginning

"a great lesson" he nods, "so follow me"

he steps down and you all follow him into a snippet of forest, walking for a while until he leads you by a long trail of stacked rocks.

a few of them were fallen over so that's where you all stepped over.

"right, you lot. less chattering. form a group over there" he waves his finger, "and open your books to page 49"

you look down at your book, making a face. it was large and had the face of a spider, it moves as well.

funny how you adored snakes and disliked spiders.

"and exactly how do we do that?" draco steps up onto a piece of wood.

"just stroke the spine, of course. goodness me" hagrid sighs.

you look down, stroking the spine of your book.

the book opens without problem, you breathe out slightly.

a few people back, neville falls to the ground as his book tries to eat him alive.

hermione puts her book on the rock behind her, "i think they're funny"

"oh, yeah. terribly funny"

you roll your eyes as you all turn back to draco.

"really witty. god, this place has gone to the dogs. wait until my father hears that dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes"

crabbe and goyle laugh along with him while pansy crosses her arms at you all.

harry steps up to malfoy, you step back to let him get passed.

"shut up, malfoy"

the boys 'oo', draco shoves his bag in crabbe's hands.

he walks up to harry, towering over him with a smirk.

you furrow your eyebrows as draco looks just above harry's head in fear.

"dementor! dementor!" he points upwards.

harry whips around in fear, you clutch your wand tightly in your hand as you glance back. there was nothing there, draco was just mocking you both.

they all laugh, putting their hoods on and waving their fingers, making 'oo'ing sounds.

"haha." you laugh sarcastically, "you're absolutely hilarious. is that going to be your only comeback for the rest of the year?"

hermione pulls both of you away, snarling at the boys who continue to laugh at you both, except draco's laugh had dimmed a little.

"just ignore him" she whispers to you both, "i can do that fine. just like getting a rise out of him sometimes"

"you're supposed to stroke it" ron shakes his head at neville, whose uniform was torn to bits, "yeah" he says blankly.

hagrid clears his throat aggressively, you all look up at him.

"dudududaaa" he spreads his arms, everyone steps back in shock.

just behind hagrid was a large type of horse, or bird? it had giant wings and it's feathers were a steel grey and it had a silver beak.

you blink.

"isn't he beautiful?" hagrid tosses him a ferret from around his shoulders.

you purse your lips.

"say hello to buckbeak"

"hagrid.. exactly what is that?" ron says.

"that, ron, is the hippogriff"

you blink,