1

The warm breeze swung in through the kitchen as the bright yellow sun made its way through as well.

Florence leaned against the counter
Looking at everything.

"They let people stay over for months sometimes..it's not that big of a difference if youu come for the summer, I mean look at this place" Farleigh jabbered.

"Yea, I just- this is really sweet of them just to ya know let me stay here for a while"she answered

"Here"He spoke handing her the bottle of water.

"Thanks"She smiled

"We've got company tomorrow Olivers staying for a while" Felix exclaimed turning to Farleigh

"Why'd you invite him over he's just a fucking hoax?"Farleigh snapped

"Ey, don't say that he's having some real problems at home with his mum...and his dad just passed"Felix corrected

"Shit.."Florence mumbled under her breath

"Right"Felix added throwing his hand out his pockets. He looked her up and down as she looked over at Farleigh.

"What's wrong- is he like-"

"He's weird and a pushover walking up and down Felix with a duster urging for him to-"

"Farleigh,enough when he arrives I don't wanna hear anything else"Felix released.

"Whatever, I'm just gonna show Florence her room"Farleigh sighed rolling his eyes taking his sisters hand.

Felix watched Farleigh drag her out the kitchen and looked down at her thighs as they rubbed together. She turned around as he quickly looked down and sighed opening the refrigerator.

Soon enough her and farleigh made it upstairs to her room chatting as usual.

"Yea but it's fine if I'm asking and I haven't seen you in months, I just wanna catch up and know what's what and who's who ya kno"He laughed.

"Well, there's this guy I was talking to he's really successful but he's like arrogant, old money rich type of guy- and I feel like he's always trying to be the big guy in the conversation or wherever we are he's always gotta be first"She exclaimed

"I hate guys like that..their masculinity means the world to them"He sighed and drifted his eyes over to the window as the sun was starting to set

"Yea, but what's up with Felix?"She asked smiling, he turned his head quickly over to her.

"Don't...I'm so serious right now he's in a bunch of shit already back on campus- the more you're around him you'll understand but..just don't" he implied.

The silence was a bit loud.

She nodded as he looked down at her hand grabbing it.

"Now I do wish you were on this side of the family"

The silence was loud for a second.

"You're gonna love it here I do promise you that"He smiled as she did the same, she picked up on how fast he changed  up and wondered what was happening on campus but she kept her thoughts to herself.

"I know, it's beautiful"She raved

He knew she'd listen to him especially when it came to advice, ever since they were both kids he's been protective and blocking her away from anybody he caught off as weird or threatening towards her. Even at the age of 22 he still acts the same, but she couldn't say she hated when he was always there to look out for her.

Felix was warm,kind, and loving but he was still a hit and run when it came to relationships. He didn't take any of them seriously it was always more of a one night stand for a couple weeks. When it came to Florence being a curious romantic, most of the time she never knew what she was getting herself into. She always wanted to just skip getting to know a guy genuinely, she didn't care how many girls they slept with in the past or what ethnicity they were. She was just always ready for the unknown, she didn't have to spend quality time with them either.

Until they cheat her off.

Ignore her calls or texts.

And maybe come back.

Two days later.

Maybe... a week?

Until they come back to her door for the same thing, she finally decides to let go. This time she wanted to do all the things she bypassed to see if she'd get a different result but Farleigh's warning was enough for her to back off.

for now.

Felix could tell she was different, she didn't observe him the way the other girls would. She didn't talk differently infront of him, he noticed she was kind of always tired looking or maybe upset deep down. But when farleigh would turn back towards her, her face would adjust slightly into a smile. He wondered what was on her mind,
was she okay deep down?

Is there something she's waiting to tell her brother?