Steve: "YEA! I caught a Triceratops! I'ma name them Tri for short"

Jojo: "Aaaaand registered to the Dino Dex"

They actually did have a Dino Dex they put together

Jojo: "It's a.....normal type.....like every other Dinosaur is gonna be"

Steve: "Oh yeah I forgot that Dinosaurs don't have types like Pokemon do...hmmm.....I know!" 

Steve snaps his fingers and claps his hands and says something in Latin as something changes across the Savage lands 

Mantis: "what did you just do?"

Steve: "I added types! now Dinosaurs and unique creatures of this land got different types added to their biology's!" 

Jojo: "You can do that?!"

Steve: "To quote an insane Jester, I can do ANYTHING!" 

Jojo: "Cap!"

Steve: "Your just Jealous Tool Gun boy, now check the Dex to see what Tri is"

Jojo: "Let's see....ah! they are now a ground type"

Steve: "Fitting" 

Mantis: "Types?"

Steve: "Next lesson on types then! now first of all we are doing this a little different than normal Pokemon, Jojo! have you heard of Palworld?"

Jojo: "In passing, isn't it like Pokemon but with Guns?"

Steve: "Yes and it's great! Now the type system I went with is more based off that game, here just follow this handy chart" 

Steve places down a board with a chart on it 

Steve: "Here is all the types I added, Ground beats Electric which beats water which beats fire which beats grass which beats ground, Fire also beats Ice which beats dragon which beats dark which beats Neutral! got all that?" 

Mantis: "uhhhhhhhhh"

Jojo: "Your learn as you go, don't strain your head" 

Steve: "Be thankfully I didn't go with the Pokemon types, that one gets more crazy and has more types as well" 

Mantis: "I think I get it...so what now?"

Steve: "Now?....catching montage!" 

*Appropriate music* 

And so what follows is the gang traversing the savage lands as they battle and catch more Dinomon (as Steve calls them now despite the fact that not all of them are Dinosaurs) to add to their teams, starting with Steve he's the first to get a full team.