Chapter Two: Reunion

Start from the beginning

I'm going to wait in the big tree that we used to play in as kids.

Father always used to scold me for climbing in it. He said I was a young lady and young ladies shouldn't climb trees.

As I get closer I make sure to stay quiet so they don't hear me. I run up to it with vampire speed and jump onto a sturdy branch.

We had so many memories here!

FLASHBACK

"Guys wait up!" I giggle.

They both look back and laugh. They run to the tree and start pushing each other out of the way so that they can climb up first.

I catch up and slip between them.

I start to climb. I grab a limb and it snaps.

It catches me off guard and I fall back. I scream as I hit the ground.

"Alexia!" They both run over to me.

I lift up my dress and I don't see anything wrong but my ankle is throbbing!

"Are you ok?" Damon asks me.

I shake my head. It hurts really bad.

"Let me see." Stefan says gently placing my foot in his lap.

"I think it's sprained. We should get you inside." he tells me.

Damon scoops me up and carries me to my bed.

"Go get some ice from the ice box!" he tells Damon and he goes to get it.

"It's going to be ok!" He says stroking my face.

He just sits there stroking my cheek, trying to calm me down until Damon comes back with ice. He puts it on my ankle and they both lay by me with one arm around me and we stay like that all night.

END FLASHBACK.

I feel something wet in my cheek and wipe it away.

I look down and see two cars in the drive way. I know both of them are home.

I take a deep breath and jump down from the tree.

I walk over to the door. I'm not sure if I should knock so I just go in. I mean this was my home too!

I turn the knob and push the door open.

I slowly put one foot inside to make sure I can get in and I can.

I step completely in and close the door. I start walking, looking for them but I'm to scared to call out their names.

I turn around to take another look and I'm pushed against the wall.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Damon. It's him. "If you don't tell me who you are I will drive this steak through your heart!"

He pushes it again my back. I'm to stunned to speak.

He flips me over so I am facing him and I look at  him.

I see his face go from anger, to shock, to joy, to disbelief.

"Alexia?" He whispers.

"Hi Damon!" I whisper back with tears in my eyes.

He drops the steak and pulls me into a giant hug. I cry in his arms and he cries into my hair.

"I missed you so much!" I whisper into his chest.

"I missed you too!" He sobs.

I hear footprints down the hall.