The Massacre At Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

"Alright, there's not that many." Steve said.

"No offence man, but if Max can't, you sure as hell won't be able to." Robin said. One of the tiny monsters howled at them.

"But there's more of us now. We can take 'em, right?" They looked up into the distance, the sound of a swarm coming straight for them.

"You were saying?" Eddie mumbled.

"The woods. Come on." Nancy said. She grabbed onto Max to make sure she came along and made her way towards the trees, everyone else following behind.

-

"What exactly were you all doing at the lake?" Chief Powell asked. Lucas, Dustin, and Bailey sat quietly on the couch, everyones parents standing there looking at them expectantly.

"Uh..." Dustin started. "It's comp-"

"We were...we were just going for a walk." Bailey cut in.

"A walk? At 9:00 PM?" Callahan scoffed.

"To the lake." Dustin said. "We were gonna take a little swim...little night swim." Bailey turned and looked at Dustin, it was far too chilly out to swim.

"Dusty." His mom started. "Someone was just murdered there."

"Yeah, we...we didn't realize that until we got there."

"That's why we didn't swim." Lucas said.

"And Nancy." Mrs. Wheeler cut in. "was she with you at this night swim?"

"No." They lied.

"What about Max?" Powell asked. "Assuming she was with you Bailey." The little girl inhaled and looked around, all the adults staring down at the little one terrified her. In response to the question Bailey quickly shook her head.

"So, you weren't with your sister, but you were with your sisters friends?" Callahan asked.

"We were looking for her." Dustin said. "Around the lake."

"That's when you guys came." Lucas added.

"Then they dared me to say what I said." Bailey said.

"Oh yeah." Lucas said as if he were coming to a realization. Him and Dustin turned to one another with laughter.

"You're lucky you didn't get shot." Mr. Wheeler told her.

"Have you any contact with Eddie?" The chief asked.

"That psycho...freak killer? God no." Dustin exaggerated. "Nope absolutely not."

"No, we haven't heard from him." Lucas said.

"We barely know the guy."

"Oh, that's a bunch of bull!" Erica stepped out of the corner.

"Erica!" Her parents exclaimed.

"I mean, you realize they're lying. First they said they were going to swim, but suddenly they were looking for Max? The whole couch is on fire." Dustin shook his head at the chief to imply that Erica was lying.

"Erica."

"Just the facts."

"Are you lying to the policemen Dusty?" Dustin's mom asked.

"No." He squeaked.

"Lying to the cops is a crime son." Mr. Sinclair told Lucas.

"I'm not lying." He said defensively. Bailey sat quietly knowing she didn't have a parent present to lecture her.