Jerky Jerry

💖

💖

"Yes mom-"

"Oh honey are you sure you can handle being by yourself for a few days, I just don't like the idea of you being by yourself-actually you know what I'll just tell them I can't-"

"Mom, I'll be fine, I promise." Y/n said try to convince her mom over the phone. "Besides I'm not completely by myself, I have Mona!" She chirped as she looked down at the corgi in her lap who was snuggling with a little monkey plush.

The line was silent before Y/n could hear a sigh on the other end. "I...just............I just worry about you Y/n." Unknown to Y/n, her mom was clenching the phone cord rather nervously. "I'm just trying to protect you..." She mumbled. "You're my only child after all.."

She leaned her head back on the sofa, she loves her mom greatly but growing up even she knew her mom could be a bit of a nervous wreck when it came to her. She could only imagine how her mom is handling this,  being called away to a business trip as your once homeschooled daughter attends public school for the first time. She's honestly surprised her mom isn't racing home that very minute.

"I know Mom, if there was a problem or an emergency you know I would call you. Everything is going to be alright, nothing bad is going to happen!" Y/n said, trying to convince her, kinda excited to have a few days by herself.

The line was silent once again before her mom nodded her head. "Well alright...please just promise you'll call me, please?"

Y/n chuckled. "I promise."

"I'll try to call you later tonight alright? I love you hun."

"I love you too mom, I'll talk to you later, bye."

Y/n leaned over to the end table and hung up the corded landline phone, making sure it was secure in its place. "Well...it's just me now.." She said to no one in particular, just to herself.

Mona let out an annoyed huff and patted her paw on her thigh. Y/n rolled her eyes and leaned over to the dog next to her and quickly engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Ah I'm sorry, I mean it's just us now." She corrected herself as she smiled. She pressed a kiss to Mona's fluffy little face causing the dog to yip with excitement.

The girl removed herself from Mona and pushed herself off the sofa, Mona eagerly looked up at her wondering what was on her mind.

"Alright girl, so it's just us now. So I say let's bust out the Oreos and Milk Bones and watch some crappy soap operas and yell at the TV for the next two hours straight, how does that sound?" She smiled, barely containing her own excitement.

"Arrf!"

Y/n lightly bounced on her heels with delight. "Couldn't agree more!"

The giggly teen ran off slipping and sliding down the wooden floors and down to the kitchen. Mona the little corgi quickly grabbed her favorite plush monkey and rushed to keep up with her owner. Y/n gasped as she almost missed the kitchen doorway and slid to a halt in her socks, causing Mona to run into her.