5) Growing Friendships

Start from the beginning

Riya gasped. Those files were highly protected. Only the high officials had access to those files. If a criminal got hold of those files, then it could jeopardize the security of the officer's family!

Riya- "Phir kya hua?"

Sakshi- "Sabhi officers ke ghar pe department ne khud police officers appoint kiye the and we were given strict instructions about tracking down the hacker. We were in the midst of it when Arjun got a call about the attack on guards around his place. That was quite strange as no other constables reported any unusual activity!"

Riya- "So yeh sab Arjun sir ki family ko harm karne ke liye hua tha?"

Sakshi- "Ha. Maine Arjun ko itna restless pehle kabhi bhi nahi dekha tha! Woh turant apne ghar gaya. But again kaam ko toh nahi rok sakte na. Especially tab jab yeh kaam hi extent of danger decide karega. So for the next week, Arjun brought his siblings to the headquarters."

Riya- "Oh. Uss hacker ka kya hua?"

Sakshi- "Der se hi sahi but we tracked him down. Abb Arjun se koi Bach sakta hai kya? Shree's technical khurapaat aur Arjun's dimaag tracked the hacker down within the next seven days. He held a grudge against Arjun because Arjun ne uske Bhai ko murder charges pe arrest karwaya tha."

Riya smiled- "Chalo ant bhala toh sab bhala. Waise how old are his siblings?"

Sakshi- "Aree they are very young! Aki is 15 and Ashi is 12!"

Riya- "Oh they are very young. I guess phone pe woh Ashi se hi baat kar rahe honge. I am sure dono baccho ko dara ke rakhte honge."

Sakshi- "Ironically, he's very gentle with them! I mean I have seen him treat them quite nicely. Aur pata hai baccho ki aankhon me hi dikh jaata hai ki how does a person treat them. Trust me, Maine apne career me kaafi abused ya phir mistreated baccho ko dekha hai and the duo was far from them. They looked so happy and comfortable around Arjun."

Riya smiled. She expected nothing less. She knew beneath the cold exterior, there was a soft and kind man who was just yearning for love. "Hmm..so Arjun Akdoo Rawte is actually a softie?"

Sakshi- "Well, I won't exactly say a softie because I have seen him tame his siblings especially the younger one with just one look. Their eyes held fear but that fear was a healthy one...you know the necessary fear of consequences that a child must have."

Riya nodded- "Seems like the younger one is naughty. He was sort of reprimanding her being up so late at night last day."

Sakshi laughed- "Aree ha! She's very naughty! Pata hai ek din na..."

Flashback 

Little Ashi was roaming around in the office. The sight of numerous cabins and desk excited her. She remembered all those games of office office she played with her friends and fantasised what it would be like to play them here. Only if her friends were here!

Suddenly an idea struck her mind.Why would she needs her friends if the actual office employees were present here. She'll have to convince them to play with her!

"Ashi." a low yet firm voice called her from the back.

Ashi turned around like a deer caught in headlight. She gave a nervous smile to her dada.

Arjun and Aki were both standing there with stern looks on their faces. Ashi gulped. She was so gone now!

Sakshi was just passing by when the entire commotion was taking place. Arjun's stance clearly portrayed his displeasure. She had been in the position enough times to fear his reaction towards the poor girl. Moreover the boy standing next to him was so much looking like a mini me of Arjun that it added on to her sympathy towards the girl.

Ashi mumbled cutely- "Mene kuch nahi kiya."

Arjun coming straight to the point- "Mere cabin se bahar nikalne se mana Kiya tha na?"

Ashi whined- "Mai bore ho rahi thi dada! Dadu apne silly se homework me busy the."

Aki accusingly- "Maine tujhe bhi homework karne ko bola tha! But you sneaked out of the cabin."

Ashi rolled her eyes- "10 minute nahi hue the mujhe nikle aur aap pahuch Gaye dada ke paas! You know what they say? Snitches get stitches!"

Aki- "Dada Mai maar dunga ab isse!"

Arjun- "Bohot shokh hai tujhe cabin se bahar nikalne ka? Cabin ke bahar hi khada kar du tujhe?"

Aki smirked- "Kaan pakad ke dada. What an idea! She deserves it."

Ashi's eyes widened and she gulped. She quickly shook her head.

Ashi- "Nahi nahi Dada! Sorry!! Abhi nahi niklungi bahar."

Arjun- "Better for you. Chal ab ja Aki ke saath."

Sakshi smiled at the cute interaction she saw. The look of pure adoration and concern in Arjun's eyes surprised her. That side of Arjun had remained unexplored till that day but not anymore. She won't admit it but she was falling harder and harder for him day by day.

Flashback end

Riya laughed. The younger one seemed really naughty and even more daring by the sounds of it. Imagine disobeying the scary ACP out of boredom.

Sakshi- "Aree! This is nothing. Abhi toh conference ka time ho raha hai warna Mai uski aur shararato ke baare me batati. Even though that week was quite busy but both the kids added so much life to this building."

Riya- "Koi nahi. Next C&C session me bata dena."

Sakshi- "C&C?"

Riya- "Chai and Conversation."

Both the girls laughed.

^^••••^^^^••••^^^^••••^^^^••••^^

Ashi was completing her homework. Religiously. Without Aki's pestering. And WITHOUT MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT.

Ramu kaka and Neetu kaki were gawking at her with a shocked expression on their faces.

Neetu- "Pakka tabiyat kharab hai."

Ramu- "Aree Maine toh pehle hi bola tha. Aaj bagiche me mujhe chidhane ke liye phul todne ka naatak bhi nahi kiya."

Neetu- "Mere bina Arjun baba ko phone karne ki dhamki ke Bina hi khana pura kha liya."

Ramu- "Arjun baba ko phone kare kya?"

Neetu- "Ha ha Karo. Par bolenge kya?"

Ashi who had been listening to their murmurs since past 10 minutes got annoyed.

Ashi- "Kaka kaki! Aap dono ko baat karna hai toh kahi aur jaa ke Karo na! Main padhai kar Rahi hu!"

Neetu walked towards her concerned- "Gudiya Rani. Aapki tabiyat toh theek hai nai?" She pressed her hand against her forehead. It was normal.

Ashi frowned- "Ha. Mujhe kya hoga?  Accha dadu apne friend ke Ghar se kab aayenge?"

Neetu- "Arey woh toh 2 ghante me aayenge na. Woh aapko padhai ka kaam deke Gaye hai kya?"

Ashi shook her head- "Nahi woh toh Maine subah hi dikha Diya tha."

Neetu nodded in understanding and went back. She'll definitely have to talk to Aki about this today!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for the delay, my lovely readers. School sucks!!!! Have been busy with tests and assignments since past few days!!!

Tell me how was the chapter! Riya and Sakshi,huh? Will this be a love triangle? Let's see!

And please please comment dear readers. I love to read your views☺️

I'll try to update pretty soon.