|Oɴsᴇᴛ ᴏғ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ|

Zacznij od początku

 This morning when I woke up, I found my pillow soaked with tears. The tears of fear and agony. Ever since I was little, my biggest fear was darkness and thunders, and whenever the lights would go off in night, or it would the thunderous darkness, I would run to mumma papa's room and snuggle into my papa's chest and he used to hug me protectively, protecting me from everyone. 

Yesternight, when the lights passed out due to the heavy thunders and storms, my heart trembled with fear, and I was all set to run to papa, but my feet stopped, remembering that I won't have him with me after just two days. And I stayed back, I have to learn to survive without him.

The whole night, I would hug my favourite white teddy, while the trail of my tears continued to soak the pillow under me.

'I was way too tired Papa, I was deep into sleep. I didn't realise what was going around.', I lied, believing he would be convinced. He sat beside me and pulled me into his arms.

'Lying to papa? You believe I don't know the reason?', he asked slowly and I won't look up at him and snuggled close to him.

'How will I live without you?', I asked in a low tone.

'You will. My princess is very strong. And trust your Papa, he won't mind even if you come in even at mid night. Ok princess?', I smiled hearing him and nodded.

'Now come. Your uncles and aunts are waiting.', he got back to his feet and dragged me in the veranda with him, his arm snaking around my shoulder affectionately.

I found my seat on the couch as we stepped our foot into there, and waited for the rituals to start. And soon my eldest maternal uncle and aunt came to me with a big thaal in their hands. Mami did my tilak and aarti with a smile, and at the end kissed my forehead affectionately.

She pulled away the big velvet cloth away from the one thaal, presenting many clothes, jewellery and other gifts, and the other one had my panetar and chooda. The chooda were caged in a box, reason being I wasn't allowed to see my chooda till the time of my wedding.

But what caught my attention was the chocolates on both the thaals. I chuckled seeing it.

'Chocolates? Seriously mama?', I managed to ask, giggling.

'Ha toh? You have always been the chocolatekhor of the house.', he answered and everyone cracked up.

He grabbed one from the plate, unwrapped it and made me eat it. I made a dramatic satisfied face as it travelled down my throat, and mumma slapped my forehead softly.

Putting them both into my jholi, she later kept it on the table beside me. And now....what? We were done? So quick? Did I deck up for just few minutes? 

✨✨✨

I played with my yellow dupatta while standing with my girls group. We were busy conversing but my eyes unknowingly searched for him. And when I finally found him, I scrunched my brows confusedly seeing a girl, unknown to me with him, conversing happily, smilingly.

He smiles too?

'Kavya, who's that girl with your brother?', Kavya glanced at her brother, before turning back to me again.

'Bhabhi, that Anvesha di, bhai's best friend from his college. Why? Feeling jealous?', she teased me and a pink shade rose up to my cheeks, but controlled somehow.

'No, just curious.', I tried acting stern, but they laughed it out teasingly. I again looked at them, but my bad, they found me the same moment. I felt conscious suddenly, when I found her marching towards me.

'Hi Radhika. It's Anvesha. That idiot's best friends after Krishna.', I smiled seeing the jolly personality in front of me.

'Hi.', that was all I could say.