18 | 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Catch these hands? You must be kidding," Oikawa scoffs.

"I'm just telling the truth!"

"I know, I know," Oikawa crosses his arms over his chest. "Ronan and Yasha will have to watch out for me, too!"

Before the two boys can fall back into their usual yelling and stir of chaos, Kuroo steers them back into his unit. You follow suit, and just as Kuroo is about to enter his apartment, you halt him with a hand on his arm.

He turns around, a grin already forming. "Something wrong?"

"No, not at all," you assure him. "I just want to thank you for having me over and for being a good friend. I really mean it."

Kuroo smiles, looking down briefly before taking a few steps closer. When he meets your eyes, he leans down, his lips hovering just inches from yours. "You're very welcome."

Before Bokuto and Oikawa can come out into the hallway, you give Kuroo a quick kiss — a gesture of gratitude in another form, one that conveys more than what words can.

"Tell your friends I also said thank you," you whisper against his lips. "Good night, Kuroo."

As you turn to head back to your unit, Kuroo's hand gently grasps your waist. "One more," he murmurs, spinning you back around to steal another kiss. This one is more profound, a silent communication through the connection of your lips. They mold and move in unison, and your tongues make gentle contact as you tilt your head, deepening the kiss.

But when Oikawa and Bokuto's voices grow louder, Kuroo reluctantly leans back before they can catch you two. "Satisfied?" you ask, slightly breathless, and you're delighted to witness Kuroo's smirk reappear.

"For now," he responds before stealing a quick peck — a bold move considering his friends are right behind him in his living room. "Good night, and good luck with studying."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

The next morning, you find Mari passed out in her room. You didn't even notice that she came home, and when you wake her up to ask how the party went, she says that she just arrived a couple minutes ago.

"Oh girl, you should've been there," she mumbles weakly, her breath carrying the scent of fruity alcohol. "There were so many people and so many drinks and it was just so much fun and..." An unexpectedly loud burp punctuates her words, making you giggle.

"Alright, I got it," you say, helping her get more comfortable in her futon. "Get some sleep, okay? Make sure to eat something later, and then we gotta start studying again."

She responds with an annoyed groan before drifting back into slumber. Despite her depleted energy, Mari manages to rise and prepare herself by the afternoon, and just like that, you two return to your studies.

Your usual routine resumes for the rest of the week — attend classes, study in the library, and review notes, class materials, and practice nursing assessments in the living room. During this time, you've been unable to see Kuroo. Your sole communication with him has been through texts, like the usual how's your day going? and, it's good. You?

However, the night before your exam, as you and Mari are immersed in your usual studies, there's a knock on the front door. "I got it," you say, rising from the floor and walking over. When you spot Kuroo through the peephole, you swing the door open with a bright smile.

You hadn't realized how much you missed seeing him until now.

"Happy to see me?" Kuroo quips.

"Of course," you respond, restraining yourself from jumping on him and showering his face with kisses. You're mindful that your roommate isn't too far away.