Chapter 2: The Wild Fairies!

Start from the beginning

How was one to speak to Landwalkers? Lucy had been so focused on making sure they spoke the same language she had no idea what to say to them.

Erza offered a hand, amusement in her eyes but her lips unsmiling. "Nice to meet you."

"Y-You as well..." the blonde murmured, clearing her throat. "...thank you for accepting my ride along."

Natsu gestured to the black-haired individual. "This is Gray Fullbuster, he's the ship's Boatswain. He's responsible for inspecting the ship and it's sails and rigging each morning, and reporting their state to the captain, which of course, is me." Natsu smiled at the last remark. "He's also in charge of all deck activities, including weighing and dropping anchor, and the handling of the sails."

He moved to a small girl with blue hair, who had a white cat in her arms. Lucy recalled her being the one who had complemented Plue, who was now back on the blonde's shoulder.

"This is Wendy Marvel. Though young, she's proven to be a valuable member to our crew. She is Fairy Tail's Sailing Master, and she's been guiding us for a long while, and even serves as our doctor."

The blue-haired girl blushed, but smiled up at Lucy and offered her hand a shake.

"Gajeel, here, is...well...the Carpenter."

"Damn straight I am," the black spiky haired male replied, and Lucy examined his piercings carefully. A forest spirit had strayed to the shore once, and Lucy had saved it from drowning. He'd had piercings too.

Natsu pushed Lucy further down the line, grinning at her and then at the last person in line. "Lastly, we have the Master Gunner, Alzack. His wife Bisca is currently in a village taking care of their child, Asuka."

Alzack smiled politely at Lucy, and he bowed slightly to her. "Miss, welcome aboard."

"And I'm Natsu Dragneel!" the pinkette exclaimed, seeming childish for a captain. "The Head Captain. Welcome...uh...?"

"Lucy. My name is Lucy Heartfilia."

"Lucy..." Natsu replied, and he smiled afterwards. "I see! Well, you'll meet the rest of the crew over time, but right now you should get some rest. Follow me."

Lucy did as she was told, but not without saying her nervous farewells to the people she had just met. The captain took her to the door beside the one that led to the stairs below, where Lucy scarcely remembered passing multiple floors in her attempt to hide from the Trackers. Inside was a large chamber, something Lucy could tell by the openness of the air. Because she spent her life in the water, it was easy for the blonde to tell how big a room or cavern would be by breathing in the air. It was a skill her kind had developed to help navigate dark tunnels underwater.

Lucy still wasn't as used to her legs as she had hoped, for she tripped and landed flat on her face in the dark of the room. Fortunately, nothing was in her path, and she just slammed her nose against the rough wood of the floor.

"Are you alright, Lucy?" Natsu asked, startled.

She nodded, only to remember it was dark in here, and whined out a confirmative. Glad her nose didn't break, she climbed back up to her feet, only to feel nauseous from the injury in the back of her head. She'd forgotten all about it.

A light kicked on and Lucy was able to see again, and she looked around while she cupped the back of her hand.

It was a room with a bed against the wall on her right, and a large dresser on her left. There was a door on the same wall, and Lucy guessed that was where the restroom was. It was much cleaner than the stories she had read involving pirates, and it pleased her.