Dreams Do Come True

In the enchanted Kingdom of Belandria, far, far upon the mystic plains of Denura, King William & Queen Menurma Charming sat tall in their Victorian high chairs as smiles lit the room from the sight of their annual New Year's Eve ball...

****************************************
The massive, oval shaped ballroom was utterly consumed with joy and laughter as handmade Swarovski-crystal dresses sparkled the dance floor & their grooms counterparts suits that swayed alongside them.
Diamond, pearl, emerald & ruby necklaces matched bracelets that fluttered the eyes in every direction; memorized by it's all alluring effect. ✨✨✨

The 25-ft gold trimmed walls covered with mirrors and ancient portraits reflected each and every aspect of the palace, as royal families danced in synchronous order; an unforgettable silhouette to say the least.

Three well groomed Violinists marched ever so appropriately to the harmonized chords of a grand white piano that sat directly behind the dancefloor; as it played a familiar tune the King hadn't heard in a very long time.
The ceilings were covered with five massive, gold & silver, glass chandeliers whilst the culinary artistic smell of a grand banquets aroma filled the nostrils of every individual in the kingdom for miles away... 🍖🍽️🥂

-"My Queen, how long has it been since we seen our Prince Charming & his beloved Wife Cinderella?".

-"quite some time your excellence" Queen Charming responded with a faint smile as she remained gazing towards the dance floor.

-"It seems like only yesterday, that they were here for their first dance" said the King as he scratched his long grey beard.

-"well, they have children of there own my dear and they don't live a hop- skip-and-a-jump away..." The Queen replied.
-"I suppose your right"-the king paused, leaving a notion of discomfort in the eyes of the queen.

-"I'm going to get some fresh air my love, maybe it'll cheer me up a bit" the King softly spoke.
"But tiss almost midnight, nearly 20 minutes from now" the queen demanded now looking directly at King Charming with one eyebrow propped.

-"Don't worry my Queen, I'll be back before the stroke of midnight. I swear it on the Fairy God Mother herself!" Said King Charming with a grin upon his face.

-"you better, or I'll- the queen began to slightly raise her fist-of-might in sarcasm, shaking it rapidly in a playful manner.

The King nodded towards the queen in agreeance and then began to wave down his his squire to escort him outside to the upstairs balcony.

He kissed the queen and began walking through the ballroom around the dance floor to avoid the ongoing routines waltz and out towards the high top palace balcony-tower.
He greeted those who he passed, shaking hands, waving to few and grabbed a handful of purple grapes from a server who held a gigantic silver platter.

The harmonized violins began to fade, as he made his way through the palace halls up towards the spiral, stone staircase.
After three spins upward, he finally reached his destination.
The view from the balcony was of magnificence.
The view was vast, making up all the terrain throughout the entire land; mountains, woods, the brightly lit town and it's wonderful people.
It's silk curtains hung from top to bottom, small pine trees sat at each corner giving the fresh scent of wood.
Large, stone, Gargoyle statutes constructed into the railing matched each side of the pine trees, whilst the burgundy rug lay a floor was of Persian tapestry.

-"Squire, can I ask you a question"- the old king sighed whilst gazing off into the distance of the great land before him.

-"yes, anything sire" replied his Squire.