48) Five More Minutes

A/N: yall it is midnight and I just had a wave of ideas for this story. I'm so excited about where this story is gonna go!

Daryl helped Alicia into the back of the truck, pulling her to sit beside him. They drove back to the prison yard, Rick pulling the gate open.

Daryl got out first, jumping down before reaching his arms up to his wife. She held onto him as he sat her down. "Coulda got down on my own." She sighed.

He grunted. "You're pregnant."

Glenn turned to Rick. "They try to drive up to the gate again maybe some blown tires will stop em." He said, explaining why they had put barbed wires by the gates.

"That's a good idea." Rick nodded.

Daryl sighed. "It was Michonnes." The two men shared a look.

"We don't have to win." She spoke. "We just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth."

"She's got a point." Alicia muttered under her breath. Daryl nudged her shoulder, silently telling her to shut up.

They turned to see Maggie and the rest of the group coming back into the yard. "Let's go." Rick said, leading them back into the cell blocks.

Alicia sighed, lacing one hand with Daryl's and resting the other on her stomach. Daryl subconsciously smiled as they walked side by side. They were married, and it felt amazing.
—————

While Alicia was inside, taking care of Judith, Daryl was outside helping Glenn. He was trying to convince him to go easy on Merle.

"He took Alicia to a man who terrorized her. Humiliated her." He shook his head. "That's my sister."

"She's my wife." Daryl snapped.

He scoffed, looking at the older man. "That's not what you said before you left."

Daryl's jaw clenched as his hands curled into fists. "That was because I didn't know if she wanted to be. Now I do. She's got a ring on her finger to prove it." He walked closer, getting in Glenn's face. "I love her, but I also know my brother had no idea what that man was gonna do to her."

He walked away, leaving Glenn to process what he had said. Maybe he had a point.

Back inside the prison Alicia was sitting in her cell, waiting for Daryl to come back. They needed to talk. They needed a plan for what happened when the baby got here.

Finally he walked in, plopping down on the bed beside her. She sat up, scooting closer to him. "You alright?" She asked.

He nodded. "Just Merle."

She hummed in response, playing with the ring on her finger. "Where'd you find these?" She asked.

He looked down at his own ring, spinning it on his finger. "In the last run we went on. Remember that jewelry store we passed?"

"Yeah."

"When I told you I had to piss... I was picking these out." He said.

Alicia smiled. "How romantic."

Daryl rolled his eyes, pulling her to lay down on top of him. "Why'd you need to talk to me?"

"We need to talk about the baby. What are we gonna do when they get here?" She asked.

He sighed, putting his arm over his face. "Keep the little shit alive. I ain't got a lot of experience with babies Darlin'."

She chuckled, rubbing her finger through his hair. "If it is a girl... I wanna name her Jordan."

"Why?" He asked, looking down at her.

"That was my best friends name. Back at the beginning... she was bit. I had just put her down before I found y'all's camp that night." She explained.

Daryl shook his head. "Seems like forever ago."

She nodded. "Almost two years." She sighed. "That was best decision I ever made. I didn't even think about coming to help y'all when I heard the scream."

He looked down at her, kissing her forehead. "Can you believe that? If you'd just kept on walking... we wouldn't be here right now."

She nodded. "You'd be here in this prison, all by yourself... and I'd be somewhere totally different. Maybe I'd be dead."

He shook his head. "Naw, not you. My Alicia's a badass."

She laughed, snuggling closer into his side. "Aren't you lucky?" She sighed, sitting up. "Cmon. We gotta go help Rick."

Daryl groaned as she tugged on his arm. "Five
more minutes."