72) See Ya

After Alicia and Glenn made it back to Alexandria, Aaron met them at the gate. "Hey, Alicia, Deanna asked me to take you on a run."

She nodded, shutting the car door. "Alright, I can do that." She turned to Glenn, hugging him. "You think you can get all that in?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'll just throw all your clothes on your bed."

"Works for me." They pulled apart, and Alicia followed Aaron out of the gate. They walked in silence for a moment before Alicia broke it. "Did Carol, Daryl, and Rick make it back ok?"

Aaron looked at her. "Carol and Rick did, but Daryl still hasn't come back."

She sighed. "He's probably fine. He does that every once in a while."

He furrowed his brows. "Does what?"

"Goes out on his own." She said. "He just... sometimes he just needs his space."

"Understandable." Aaron nodded. "Eric does that too, except he cooks."

Alicia laughed. "Well, Daryl's a little different, but I love him."

He smiled at her. "I can tell. You two go together really well."

A small blush crept up her neck. "Thanks."
—————

Alicia and Aaron were walking along in a comfortable silence. She enjoyed listening to the birds tweeting over head and watching the squirrels scamper away.

The silence was broke by a harsh voice. "Come out! Now!"

Alicia grinned at hearing Daryl's voice. She walked out of the bushes, smiling as she saw him. Aaron came out behind her, his hand slightly raised.

Daryl lowered his crossbow when he saw her, his lips tugging at a small smile as well. "Didn't realize who it was." He mumbled.

Aaron put his hands down. "You can tell the difference between walkers and humans by sound?" Daryl just stared at him, glancing between him and Alicia. "Can you tell the difference between a good guy and a bad guy?"

Alicia grabbed his arm, making him look at her. "Don't be an ass." She said lowly.

"Rick doesn't seem to be too good at that." Aaron said.

"Don't make much of a difference no more." Daryl said as Alicia dropped her hand.

"I know how you feel about your people."

"Why you got my wife out here following me?"

"I didn't know we were." Aaron countered. "We came out to hunt rabbits."

Daryl looked to Alicia to confirm that it wasn't a lie. "We were." She nodded. "I know why you're out here though." She sighed.

"Mind if we join?" Aaron asked.

Daryl looked at him for a moment before grabbing Alicia's hand, pulling her to walk with him. "Keep up." He said. "Keep quiet. Ali knows the drill... try and get it right." Aaron just nodded, following behind the couple.

Hey continued to walk through the woods until they came upon a clearing. Daryl signaled for them to be quiet, walking closer.

In a small field was a large black horse, eating some grass a few feet away.

Aaron let out a breath. "I've been trying to catch him for months. Bring him inside. His names buttons." Daryl and Alicia looked at him skeptically. "One of the kids saw him run by the gate a while back... thought he looked like a buttons."

Aaron began to get out a rope. "Haven't seen him for a while, thought I was too late. Every time me or Eric come close to him he gets spooked.

Daryl took his crossbow off of his shoulder, handing it to Alicia. "Hold this."

She furrowed her brows, slinging it over her back. Daryl didn't normally let people hold his crossbow but she shrugged it off.

"You done this before?" Aaron asked as he handed Daryl the rope.

"Naw, my group did, but they weren't out there that long. The longer they're out there the more they become what they really are." He said.

Alicia watched as the two men walked into the field towards the horse. She sighed, sitting down on the ground and playing with some twigs.

After a few minutes she heard some yelling and looked over to see them returning, a few walkers behind them. She stood up as Daryl reached her.

"The walkers get him?" She asked.

He shook his head as she handed him his crossbow. "Naw, the bastard ran off."

"Oh." She looked down at her watch, realizing it was past lunch time. "Shit, I told Beth I'd be back at noon. I'm gonna head back, but you guys keep hunting." She said.

"You sure you can make it back in your own?" Aaron asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, this one's taught me some tracking skills. I can backtrack no problem." She assured him, resting a hand on Daryl's shoulder.

"Alright." Aaron nodded, walking off.

"Where you going?"

He coughed awkwardly. "Bathroom..."

Alicia just laughed as he walked away, leaving the couple alone. "You'll get back alright?" Daryl asked.

She nodded. "Promise." He leaned down to connect their lips, using one hand to hold her waist. "I love you." She said as she pulled away.

"I love you too." He mumbled. "See ya."

"See ya." She grinned, waving as she walked off.