Chapter 6 - Let Go

"How about a story about a character learning to appreciate and love themselves for who they are?"

I try to write dark, and it's a total shit show. Atleast ch. 16 came out a LOT better.

----------------------------------------

Killing Cassandra should have been an achievement to Pico. On the contrary, the event had only changed him - in a bad way. He hated who he had become after that.

Training under the notorious Rewind, a renowned hitman, his older brother, to be able to handle a gun as well as his mentor.

He was amazed how Rewind could brush the blood and dust off of himself without a second thought of what he had done. He just rolled with his requests, becoming rich in the process. And he wanted his little brother to be just like him. To continue his bloody legacy.

Pico was a lot more self-concious than Rewind though. Half of him always guided his fingers to the trigger, but the other half would seem to screech at him to run. That the road behind him wasn't a dead-end, and that if he escaped now, he could get out, out of this...world.

But the first half always won.

Though Pico had grown to accept the dark side of himself and embrace his urges to kill with his own bare hands.

"I'm really proud of you, you know," Rewind would tell him after every mission, every kill.