Chapter 4 - Stranger Danger

"Write a story about a character who has the ability to turn invisible, but they can only do it when they're completely naked. One day, they wake up to find themselves invisible and naked in a busy city street. What do they do?"

Huh, this picture is actually perfect for ch. 19.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spookeez thought they had learnt their lesson about accepting candy from strangers. Apparently, they hadn't. And so who was to blame when they woke up to find themselves without any clothes on the busiest street in the city?

Pump was the first one to react, pulling Skid into an alleyway to get out of everyone's sight. Suprisingly, not one person had turned to look at them. It was like they weren't there.

"Can't people see us?" Skid whispered, still shocked.

Pump was brave enough to go out and touch a passing pedestrian. The person looked behind her in annoyance to see who had tapped her shoulder. Pump thought he was screwed, but the lady turned forward again and kept walking as if there was nobody there.

"Hey Skid, maybe we're invisible!" Pump cheered.

"Okay, that's great and all, but can we get some clothes? It's cold," said Skid, rubbing his arms. 

The two friends walked throughout the city streets, having fun everytime they touched a person, only for them to find nothing there.

After a while of searching, the duo reached a clothing store. They secretly swiped two halloween costumes and ran into a changing room, taking turns. Skid wore his usual skeleton costume, and Pump wore his usual suit. Just as they were about to giddily walk out of the store though, the clerk stopped them.

"Hey, you two kids! You gotta pay for that!" she griped.

The Spookeez looked at their bodies. They didn't look as transparent anymore.

"You think it wore off?" said Skid.

"I have an idea," Pump grinned. He flung his costume off.

"Excuse me, sir!" The clerk was mortified.

Skid saw Pump become more transparent and followed his example. The clerk was confused to see that the kids were gone without a trace.

"I don't get paid enough for this," she sighed, going to pick up the wrinkled costumes on the floor, while the Halloween-loving duo escaped from yet another precarious situation.

The next day though, they found that the candy's power had worn off. And they had learnt their lesson about accepting strange things from strangers.