𝟎𝟏𝟏(𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝)

Start from the beginning

she looks around, stopping at a small photo wall. it was a collage of photos on his back wall. she walked closer to see the pictures, tracing her fingers along all of the photos when a few of them caught her attention. there was a picture of them both in kindergarten that marylou had took of them both. dejah never really knew much of her mom or dad as when they all lived together, they were always at work. she was living with nate in a small apartment that nate could barely afford, so marylou was like her mother. she smiles as she traces her fingers down to another photo of the two of them in secondary school. she laughs, seeing them so young, "i look horrible in that photo, i was so young." she chuckles, looking closer at it.

"you never look horrible" says chris effortlessly. it was like it was his first thought and his natural instinct to let her know that she was gorgeous no matter what, which made her smile. she turns away from the wall and walks towards his gaming set up in the corner of the room. she takes a seat in his gaming chair.

"cool room." she says, spinning around so that she was facing chris who was still on the bed.

chris grins and props himself up more, "i'm glad you're here. you've never seen my room before, i just wanted to show you."

dejah smiles before looking at the floor, "yeah.."
she notices a sound coming from outside the door, she looks at the shadow that was appearing at the crack of the door at the bottom. the door swung open and matt was stood there.

the first thing he saw was dejah, confused, he tilts his head, "dejah? what are you doing here?" he laughs, closing the door behind him as he walks into the room.

dejah chuckles, "i'll explain later i guess" she explains, watching matt walk towards the bed to sit down next to chris. chris budges up slightly to make room for matt.

"so, how did you get here? did jude drop you off?" asks matt, noticing a pause of awkward silence. he looks around the room and the pair both stare at the floor, "umm, guys?"

chris wasn't ready to explain that he stole his car without his permission to pick her up, and dejah wasn't ready to explain that she had broken up with jude. "anyways, i'm gonna hop in the shower real quick." whispers dejah, making her way towards chris' shower, leaving matt confused.

matt furrows his eyebrows, but ultimately doesn't say anything. "anyways, now that dejahs gone.. i was coming in here to talk to you about something." he says, shyly. he's looking around the room, refraining from eye contact.

chris looks confused, wondering what he wanted to talk about, and why he couldn't say it in front of dejah, "i think.." he speaks, "i think i like abbie." he says, giggling at the use of her name. even her name makes him smile, that's how much he likes her.

chris jumps up in his bed, looking at matt shocked, "WHAT?" he laughs, "you're actually admitting it? after all this time, you're actually owning up to the fact that you've had the biggest, fattest, hugest crush on her??" he shouts, instantly getting shushed from matt who points at the bathroom door.

"bro, shut the fuck up!! dejahs literally in there?" he says, rolling his eyes, " and i don't have a fat crush on her, you're just making shit up."

chris just looks at him. literally just looks at him, "be so for real right now matt" he deadpans, knowing that everything he's said was true and matt, himself knew it.

matt scoffs and opens his phone, remembering another thing that he needed to tell him, "oh my god, i forgot to tell you. coach wants us to pick new team members in try outs tomorrow." he explains, showing chris the message from their lacrosse coach.

chris sighs, "dudee, why can't he do it?"

"he's doing a training session with the juniors so he asked us, well, mainly you since you're the team captain, to recruit the best team members." sighs matt, "it's first period"

chris rolls his eyes and groans, "cannot be bothered" he says, being cut off from the sound of the bathroom door opening. dejah was standing there with a towel wrapped around her body, her hair was still dry so she must of just had a quick one. "need anything?"

"a change of clothes would be nice?" she says standing awkwardly, fiddling with the top of the towel.

matt begins to stand up to grab something from his closet when chris stops him, "i got it." he says, pushing matt back onto the bed slightly as he makes his way to his closet. he grabs a brown fresh love hoodie with the matching sweatpants. he brings them to dejah who takes them from his grip, walking back into the bathroom to get changed.

matt watches as chris sits back down onto the bed and matt just stares at him, waiting for him to say something, "what?" he groans, feeling matts stare.

"and you say i have a fat crush. you have a fat crush"

"are you crazy? no way bro."

dejah shakes her head listening to their conversation through the door, when she opens the door back up again, "do you guys mind if i stay the night? i'm kinda mad at my brother right now." she explains, earning nods from matt and chris. she still couldn't believe that nate had told him that she was out with the triplets, if it wasn't for him, none of this would of happened.

"are you for real? i'm gonna fucking beat his ass in school if i see him, trust me" explains nick in rage. they had all been chilling in the living room when dejah explained the whole story about her and jude, "and i can't believe nate told him??"

chris and matt nod their head, "i'm sure he had his reasons, maybe he didn't know?" suggests matt, getting an eyebrow raise from dejah.

"matt, babe. nows not the time" she laughs, resting her head on her chin, "is it bad that i still miss h-"

"girl. no. don't even finish that sentence." says nick, cutting her off, "have you forgotten about how he made you feel? he's not worth you or your time!"

chris becomes angry just thinking about it, "matt, if you see him. run him over" he says, earning a nod from matt.

"yup." he agrees.

dejah smiles, knowing she has the best supports in the world, "yeah, it's just that sometimes my mind likes the forget that he's a bad idea." she groans, "and i hate it so much."

chris looks longingly into her eyes, seeing pain deep in her brown eyes. somewhere in those eyes are pain that he caused too.. that physically pains him, "don't put yourself through that again, that's his loss for loosing you." he says, hushing his voice into a softer tone, "i've made that mistake before.."

dejah looks from the floor to meet his sorrow eyes. they share a gaze for a moment when dejah breaks the eye contact to look back at the floor. she brushed of his comment, even though it will probably stay at the back of her mind no matter how hard she tries. "i think i might try out for cheerleading as a new hobby to take my mind off of it."

"i'll put a good word in for you as i'm recruiting new members for the lacrosse team." smiles chris, earning a smile from dejah.

"wait, you are?" asks nick, completely unaware.

"yeah, matt just told me earlier."

"you guys don't tell me shit."

¹⁸⁴⁵ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ

maisie
💌
kinda rushed n short chapter but eh who cares 🤷‍♀️
ly guys 🫶🫶