𝟎𝟏𝟏(𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝)

chapter 11
(i hope i never loose the bruises that you left behind)

chapter 11(i hope i never loose the bruises that you left behind)

dejah was sitting in the living room, emotionless. chris was sat opposite her. they had made it back to the house 10 minutes ago and matt and nick were upstairs, working on a project. she had been sat there crying the whole time and chris didn't know what to do, he was scared. "chris, i.." she begins, grabbing chris, attention. he stares at her, waiting for another word to come out of her mouth, "i'm sorry. for everything. i've put you through so much confusion, and betrayal and.. and, i don't even fucking know what else." she cries, wiping away her tears with her sleeve.

chris shakes his head, he didn't want to believe what she was saying but in some sense it was true. she was confusing, but that wasn't her fault. "you were confused yourself, so don't blame yourself for getting me confused dejah. what he did.." he speaks, lowering his tone into a soft one, "is over. you don't need to worry about him anymore, i'm here now."

dejah's lip curls into a small smile as she gazes at chris. she appreciates chris, so much. she just can't find it in herself to ever voice it, even if she tried she couldn't find the right words. she just hopes chris knows how much she appreciates him, "love isn't real." she huffs, looking away from chris who furrows his eyebrows.

"of course it is!" he says, grabbing her face to make her look at him, "there's so many people who love you, dejah don't say that!"

"yeah? like who?"

chris pauses. he doesn't know what to say. he thinks on it for a moment, deciding not to say what's on his mind, "your friends, your family." he blurts out, "you just haven't found the right person yet."

"what if i don't want to find that person? what if i can't.." she sighs, breaking the eye contact again, "i can't put myself through that again, i just can't."

chris sighs and turns away too, placing his hand on his chin. he looks around the empty room and begins to study his breathing. they both sit there in silence again for a few minutes. "i understand." says chris, breaking the silence. dejah looks at him and nods.

"i still don't believe in love." she says, giggling slightly.

chris grins and gazes at her, "you will when you truly feel it-"

"i did feel it!" she groans, referring to jude.

"well you clearly didn't if you don't believe in it." he deadpans, hopping off the counter. he takes her hand and she hesitates as he tugs slightly for her to follow him, "cmon." he urges. dejah rolls her eyes as she stands up from her chair, following chris, who led her to his bedroom. she had never been in his bedroom before, like ever. of course she had been in his room when they were best friends in pre school and a little bit in secondary school, but that was many years ago. he lets go of her hand as he plops himself on his own bed, watching dejah analyse his room.