Caring for you (Nick x fem)

Nick's POV:

I woke up by the sound of my alarm, it was a Thrusday and I had to go to work. It was so cold outside that I didn't want to get out of the covers. Next to me Y/n was lying on her side, facing me, still asleep. I had my left arm and leg on top of her. She opened her eyes sleepily and groaned.

-Nick?

She said in a raspy voice.

-Yeah?

I stroked her face softly.

-I don't think I can go to work today, I don't feel good.

I frowned and pulled myself closer to her, our toes were touching.

-Why is that so? Are you sick?

-I think so, I've got a sore throat, it hurts when I swallow and I think I may have a fever.

-I'm sorry love. I can stay at home and take care of you, if you are not feeling well, we can go to the doctor.

I suggested and pressed my lips against her forehead to check her temperature.

-You are burning.

She touched her foreahead.

-I am. But Nick, it's okay, I don't want you to miss work because of me, I should be fine, I'll take some paracetamol and I'll be better.

-But you are more important than work.

She smiled and carressed my hair.

-Thank you Nick, but no, because then tomorrow you'll have more workload and I don't want it to be because of me. I will feel guilty if you stay because of me.

-You are so stubborn. If you insist, I will go to work, but if you are not feeling better, call me and I'll come back home and take you to the doctor. Okay?

-Okay.

I kissed her foreahead and got out of bed, heading to the bathroom to shave my face. Y/n got up as well and followed me.

Y/n's POV:

Nick and I went to the bathroom and while he was shaving I peed.

I chuckled ironically.

-This has to be a joke.

Nick looked through the mirror to my direction.

-You've got your period, didn't you?

-Yes.

I sighed.

-Nick, could you get me a pad from the third drawer please?

-Of course.

He opened the drawer and got it.

-Here you go.

He handed it to me.

-Thank you.

I put it on while he went on shaving.

-I insist on me staying home for today.

-It's okay, I promise.

-So stubborn.

I curled back to bed, after taking the medicine for the cold and my period, and Nick, already had changed himself for work, came with a wet towel.

-Here, for the temperature.

He placed some strands of my hair, behind my ears and placed the towel on my forehead.

-Thank you Nick, you are the best.

He got on his knees and pecked my lips.

-I don't want you to get sick as well.

-I don't care, really. Do you need anything else before I leave?