Lonely (Nick x Reader)

Nick's POV:
Last period finally came, I was starting to zone out of the lesson, I was pretty tired after all day, and lonely as well. I had to stick up with the idiots of my grade and pretend to be friends with them. Even though I don't really like most of them, they just listen and do what Harry says, chuck stuff at people and talk about how hot are the girls they make out every week. I just listen and sometimes fake a laugh. Surrounded by people but feeling lonely. Classic.

Thank God I had my Y/n, but unluckily, she went to Higgs, the all-girls school.

A few months ago I started realizing that all of my friends suck, a lot. It wasn't until I met Y/n. Tara and Darcy introduced me to her, as they went to the same form group and were friends. They thought that we would fit together pretty well, and they weren't wrong!. It wasn't until I met her when I discovered what a real, close friendship is supposed to be. I hadn't had connected with someone in such way before.
At the beginning we were just friends but we both started developing romantic feelings for each other. I feel like I can always talk to her about anything and she won't judge me. I can be myself around her.
She was going to come round mine after school. I was going to go to the gate of her school to wait for her and then we would go walking to my house.

Finally the bell rang.

Y/n's POV:
I walked out of my classroom making my way to the school gate, where I was supposed to meet with Nick. Finally. We got to see each other almost every day before we both started first period and after school, usually, but recently we both had been busy with our A levels, thankfully we both were done by now.
I snapped out of my trance when I saw Nick smiling and waving his hand enthusiastically to me.
-Y/n!!
-Nick!!
I approached him as fast as I could and hugged him.
-I've missed you loads
He said burying his head on my neck, hugging me as if I were a human teddy bear, it was hilarious.
-I've missed you a lot too, but Nick maybe we should get going, some girls are staring
I say this blushing and breaking the hug but holding his hand. I didn't like being the centre of attention.I rather kiss and hug Nick more intimately.
Nick laughed
-You're right, sorry, I badly need hugs today.
-Any particular reason?
I ask looking at him and giving his hand a little squeeze, while we make our way to his house, walking in peace, holding hands. The girls who were staring before are now nowhere seen.
He shrugs. I feel like there may be something he wants to talk about.
-I don't know, the days are much longer when I'm not with you, and the fact that I'm surrounded by dickheads all the time at school doesn't help...I don't know, I felt kinda lonely.
I stop walking. He stops as well, and just looks at me with an expression I can't really tell what denotes.
I hug him by the waist, very tight. I can feel that his body is tense but once I'm holding him I notice how he relaxes and just wraps his arms around my neck, clinging to me.
I stroke his soft hair with one hand, whereas the other one stays on his waist, stroking it as well.
-If you are lonely come be lonely with me.
I whisper smiling against his neck.
He gets the reference and I notice him grinning as well. We had kinda a special song; "This Side of the Paradise".
He leans his forehead against mine, our noses touching.
-I will.
We stay like that for a little while more until we decide it's time to get walking again to get to his house.
On our way home he lets out what he has been feeling recently.

Nick's POV:
I definitely needed that hug, it was a dose of serotonin that my body willingly accepted.
Y/n knew how idiotic Harry's gang was, which I was supposed to be part of in theory; in fact my body did, my brain and heart not.
I introduced her to them on a rugby match she came to see me and they were just insensitive pricks and assholes, not that I expected much from them, to be honest. The only thing they checked was if she was hot or no. Idiots
Anyway, she understood how I was feeling.
-I mean, Nick, I would feel like that if I had to spend the whole day with that bunch of brain-less lads.
She rolled her eyes and I laughed at her comment.
-Well...at least I've got you.
She smiled and linked our arms together, leaning her head on my shoulder and kissing the side of my neck gently, which provoked some butterflies on my body, not gonna lie.
-We've got each other.

10 minutes later we arrived to my house. Mum was at work, as usual, she wouldn't be home until at least 7p.m.
We took our shoes off and went to my room.
We laid on my bed, still on our uniforms.
-You are tired, aren't you?
She says, stroking my temple while I'm holding her back.
-Kind of. Are you?
-Well, kind of. School is tiring.
-Thank God we're done with bloody A levels. Finally.
I chuckle.
-Yeah, finally, they've stolen plenty of our time. Now let's wait for the marks. That's the worst part.
-Don't even mention them. I've had enough of A levels for this entire month. Next time I hear "A levels" I'm gonna kill whoever is talking about it.
He says this so seriously that I can't help but burst out of laughter.
-Wow, aggressive much, Nelson. And I always thought that you were a softie...guess your real personality has decided to show up right now.
I laugh but he doesn't, instead he holds me tighter.
-You know you are the only one I can show my real personality to, without filters...apart from mum and Nellie, of course.
We are staring at each other deeply.
-You know that you're the only one, with whom I can actually be myself as well , right?
He kisses me, passionately yet gently, grabbing the back of my neck.
He lays his head on my chest, carefully not to hurt me.
-Yeah. I know that.
And that's how we end up spending our evening.
No longer lonely. The feeling of loneliness is non-existent whenever we are together. We've always got each other.

A/N: Hey! Hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter. Let me know your thoughts about this one in the comments.🤎