FORTY EIGHT

Asialyn B. Duncan
Singapore

 Duncan Singapore

2 Months Later|

"sSTtOPPPSKSK" I screeched loudly and jumped behind Mondo who stood shirtless drinking a bottle of water.

Evidently, along with bugs and rodents, he wasn't afraid of nasty ass cold blooded reptiles either considering how calm he is right now— he watched fascinated as Sergi let it wrap itself around his neck and slither down his chest.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever witnessed.

The third week into our runaway we meet up with Rudy, Artur, and Sergi in Peru and since then I've had to deal with Sergi's obsession with living creatures. Honestly out of all the shit I've seen him pick up and put in my face—this was the nuttiest one.

I wouldn't say it was worse than when we were in Australia and he tried convincing me to let a big ass spider crawl on my shoulder —but goddamnit this was close.

"Stop being soo scary for once, yes? put it around your neck!!!" Artur shouts a few feet away sitting on his ATV watching the interaction between the four of us while sucking on the pit of a mango he'd just devoured.

"Literally stop talking to me." I got straight to the point

Anyway, the patriot in Jamaica was the only thing I didn't cower from—only because It seemed simple after watching the instructor, Sergi and Rai do it first. Unfortunately when it was my turn Mr. Bird thought my arm meant it was time to shit....so instead of a cute moment and connection with wildlife.

I got warm bird poop on my leg.

As well as a perfectly timed Polaroid picture of Rai's appalled face standing next to me.

Credits to Mario for being quick with the click for that one.

The cute vintage camera was one of the best gifts I've gotten from Rai since this trip started and I already had over a hundred of the cute little wallet sized pictures collected so far.

I also took the time to organize them into all the different locations they were taken in and at the end of our visit we go through them while cuddling in bed on the plane ride to the next city.

Sometimes when I wake up I pinch myself.

We've been spending a week in every destination so it was hard not to sneak and peek at them for a whole seven days since Rai and I promised each other to wait and look at them together.