THIRTY SEVEN

Raimondo S. Valentini
Las Vegas, Nevada

This is my fault, I should've been prepared

Nothing like this would've happened if I had brought Mario and Gio along to follow behind us like usual.

I just wanted them to focus on Relocating Chris to the wearhouse like we'd planned, while Asia and I went about our business. I told her I would kill him but the monster in me couldn't resist. I wanted more than that.

I was still going to of course, I just wanted to have a little fun first.

Up until now Id never second guessed myself. And I mean never. My foot was heavy on the gas the whole time, I knew this was probably scaring the shit out of Asia. But the last thing I wanted was to flip the car over. So as much as I wanted to comfort her I had to stay locked in.

I haven't driven reckless like this since my teenage years but at this moment I was grateful for the practice I'd had from that stage in my life. I tried everything to shake off the truck behind us but they were determined. Why?

Well I'm not sure.

But being who I am I could think of a million and one reasons.

I took the backroad towards my property, halfway down the road I made a quick left to a ducked off side street used for times like this. I had a detector installed in the dirt in this area so anytime someone crossed the line my men would be alerted immediately. After that shots should be fired from my security team on the ground and from the four guard observation towers spaced out with my best snipers posted at the top. That's protocol.

Asia had just pulled out my UTAS UT9M from the trunk and I was itching to kill whoever was in these cars. Before I could cross the line I saw another truck similar to the one behind us driving full speed towards the right side of the car. I turned the wheel quickly driving in the grass to dodge the impact making it miss us.

"Stupid Motherfuckers"

A painful sounding bang was heard on the backseat window behind me, at that very second the only thing on my mind was Asia, the realization of my actions hit me.

Her seatbelt wasn't on.

"Asia"

Silence.

Fuck. Fuck, fuck.

"Shit bambino, answer me baby"