twenty -two - epilogue II

Ten years later

" Dad!" Lucifer turned sharply. Yirelka was running so hard , so fast. She crashed into him and then hid behind his large frame, pointing towards a group of boys her age who stopped at the sight of him.

" What happened?" He asked Yirelka. She pouted, Yirelka looked more like Joseph than Lucifer. Everything about her was a trait from Joseph.

" She beat us." One of the boys finally said. Lucifer smiled.

Oh God damn it.

" Oh, .... Yirelka?" He sang her name.

" Well.... He hit me with a ball." She grumbled.

Of course she was going to retaliate because she was her mother's daughter, fierce, strong, and also her father's daughter, that thirst for blood.

" And did he apologize?" He questioned gently.

She sighed, " unfortunately he did."

" But I just needed him to have a taste of his own medicine." She giggled.

Lucifer shook his head and turned to the boys to apologize on her behalf and that it'd never happen again.

After they had left, he turned to her, bent lower to her height.

" When someone hurts you and they apologize you forgive them, okay?, "

She nodded.

After go around numerous shops to find the perfect doll, they had finally arrived home. Lucifer made her dinner and when they were eating,

" Dad, so who is the man in the drawer?" Yirelka questioned. Lucifer froze, his mind recalling the time he decided to move on. But who was he kidding?, He never did even if all their photos were hidden away. Such feelings didn't just leave, their marriage, their care for eachother, everything was still at it was in the begining. It was a gaping wound that had lost it's ability to heal.

" That man," he sighed downing a glass of water.

" He was a friend. " That was the only purest way to define him to her. A friend he loved and still did.

" He looked grumpy." She shrugged.

" Jos was always grumpy," he laughed, blinking away a tear that threatened to escape.

He was thankful she didn't indulge further. After having their food. He tucked her in and read her, her favorite stories.

He slowly shut the door her bedroom and was heading to his when the doorbell rang. He scoffed, probably the pizza they ordered. It was late.

He went to open the door and just like the past he was right there.

Clad in a dark blue sweater and jeans, hands tucked away in his pockets because he knew they were cold and trembling from nervousness. Or maybe he had changed maybe he....

His hair has grown but it looked good on him.

" J-Joseph," Lucifer whispered.

" You-" he went blank, there was nothing he could say or do. He was paralyzed from shock.

" It's cold out here, am I welcomed?"

It wasn't about the weather. It wasn't about the wind whistling outside. It had a deeper meaning.

Lucifer broke down. He wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged him, so tight. He feared he'd disappear again. It was a hug he was receiving after ten years. Ten fucking years.

" I am deeply sorry, Lucifer." He whispered groggily.

" It was so lonely without you, I felt so empty." He cried.

" Why?, Why?, " He chanted the  question.

" Because I felt Yirelka needed you more than me and I was such a shitty person. You'll take care of her than I could, Lu." Joseph swallowed hard.

He thought he could work his way out of it. He thought moving to another country would help him heal but it did nothing. It was a pointless decision.

He felt haunted by their memories. He accommodated different partners thinking he'd fall in love with any of them but it was baseless. He couldn't just fall love someone that wasn't Lucifer. They were soul-tied.

" Fuck you." Lucifer smashed his lips against his.

Their kiss was heated, heavy, full of love, yearning. They missed eachother.

They separated, their breath ragged.

" Where's our daughter?" He questioned.

" Sleeping. " Lucifer smiled.

" She's going to hate me." He shushed Joseph.

" She does think you're grumpy but she will never hate you, Joseph."

He sighed relieved by Lucifer's words.

" I'm home now." Joseph pulled Lucifer into hom.

" You're home, my love"