nineteen

Joseph was staring out at the beautiful small town. He wondered how such a peaceful place could hold on to such evil and yet look so serene.

He closed his window, sighing. He scanned the photos he had gotten so far. The presence of Aurora was like a ghost. Shadowy figures, only but it was her. He had been there for three days. His men were surveying the area. If he made a wrong move then Aurora's life would be endangered. Those two rascals were doom. That he knew very well.

" Tonight, we break in." He looked up at his men.

" You," he pointed to one of the random men.

" Ensure everyone's weapon has a silencer. The quiet the better." He raked his fingers through his hair.
The dark circles under his eyes.

" Lastly do as I say." He warned grimly.

" Out of plan, out of existence." He gestured them to leave.

He threw his head back, and closed his eyes. Sleep peeking from the corners. He needed rest but not until he rescues her.

" Jos. " He groaned.

He didn't want to see him. Why on earth was he here?. Why?.

" Jos, please,"

" Get out." He opened his eyes , staring at the blue and black Lucifer.

His heart ached as he scrutinized his wounds.

" Jos, you need,"

" To hear you out, to hear how you two fucked?, How much you betrayed me?, Lu, you fucking hurt me!" Joseph yelled not caring that his men could hear him. His outburst.

" It was a mistake, I was drunk." Lucifer tried to explain.

" Drunk thoughts are sober thoughts. You fucking nitwit!"

" You slept with Isaiah!, You slept with my worst enemy, you, you,"

Lucifer moved to touch him but Joseph pushed him away.

" Don't touch me!" Tears blurred his vision.

" You,you," torrent of tears streamed down his cheeks. He was heartbroken.

" Jos, I am sorry," Lucifer whispered looking at the floor he stood on.

He was right. He betrayed him. He cheated in the worst way possible. That was worse. Even if he was drunk, he shouldn't have fallen victim to that.

" It was so unfair, you fucked up!" Joseph collapsed to his knees, as he sobbed terribly.

" Jos," he went down and hugged him despite Joseph fighting him.

" Shhh, please forgive me." He cried.

" I can't do it. I'm tired Lu, I'm exhausted, I'm in pain, I can't feel anything." Joseph cried.

" Everything hurts."

Lucifer embraced him tightly.

" I am here now, Jos. I am here."

He chanted the soothing words, it chaffed through his body like sweet scented candles.

" I am here Jos."