"haha so funny, you made me laugh so hard. you should be a comedian" vida said with a straight face the whole time. "forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even thalia. and you are not thalia. do exactly as i say, and maybe you survive this. are we clear?" vida says feeling hurt about what percy said about thalia. she loved thalia so much. she sacrificed herself.

vida walked away from them with rage, annabeth following behind, "does she think shes in charge?" percy asks grover, "whod you think would be in charge?" grover asked as if it was obvious, "i guess i assumed we'd do a show of hands or something." percy followed along

the four arrived in new york, they headed into a bus station and onto their bus

the four arrived in new york, they headed into a bus station and onto their bus. they sat all the way in the back and vida takes the window seat, not wanting to talk to anyone. percy then sits next to her, feeling guilty about what he said. "hey" percy sighs, vida looks to her right to see percy sitting there awkwardly.

"im sorry about earlier. i didnt mean to make fun of thalia like that. i know you loved her. uh, yeah i just wanted to say im sorry." percy says quietly, "i dont forgive you, yet" vida smirks in amusement. "yet. yet is good. yet is hope" percy smiles. vida then shivers out of the ac hitting her face.

"are you cold?" percy asked concerned."im fine" vida said but then goosebumps ran down her arms. "here, take my jacket" percy says taking off his plaid jacket as someone gets out of the bathroom next to him. "there is no way this is what sacred smells like." percy says, "we're soldiers on a mission. its not a vacation" annabeth adds.

"thank you for clearing that up. but if this is so important, why didnt chiron spring for plane tickets? this seems kind of low priority, doesnt it?" percy asks. "sorry, i assumed someone had told you" grover says, "tell me what?"

"percy, its not just monsters trying to stop us. since you are poseidons son, that means youre a forbidden child, zeus might go after you too. the sky is his playground. he would be eating you on a silver platter for us messing with his playtime" vida explained. "yeah, no one mentioned that." percy says as the bus halts at a gas station.

"okay. im gonna go get us some snacks. lets go annabeth" vida says. "ill come with you" percy offers. "no, youll stay right there" vida says. "why? it smells terrible back here" percy asks. "monsters cant smell you through that, so thats where i want you" vida says. "i wanna vote. who thinks that we should all go get to breathe fresh air and buy our own snacks?" percy raises his hand

"theres no voting. chips and sodas okay for you guys?" annabeth added in. "i dont think you should just get to decide we dont vote" percy shakes his head. "im sorry to hear that" annabeth says. "okay. i wanna vote on whether you get to decide we dont vote" percy says. "grover, please, can you help your..." vida groans but grover starts clapping. "...friend?"

"i really dont wanna be a tiebreaker. i have a better idea." grover started clapping faster, "oh golly, the roads gettin' bumpy 'cause i got me some friends who just cant get along. oh dear! when the teams gettin' grumpy the trick to gettin' through it is singin' this song —" Grover sang while continuing clapping