Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic

Start from the beginning

"...ehhhh, not exactly." Eda said before hearing a bunch of rapid footsteps from upstairs. "Ah, right on cue!"

Then, in mere moments, two children ran downstairs...but they didn't at all look like Eda and looked to be no older than 8 or 10.

One wasn't even humanoid and looked like a puppy with fluffy gray fur and a collar wrapped around his neck, yet he was standing on two legs and had a skull on his head with large horns, with one of them being broken.

The other looked human, but his skin was a light yellow and blue, styled like a half moon. His hair was a powdery white, and he seemed to be wearing strange space-themed PJ's.

"Mama Eda!!! You're back!!!" The space kid exclaimed as he rushed over and practically crawled onto Eda's lap to hug her.

The skull kid ran over and hugged Eda as well. "King demands huggies too!!!"

Eda snorted and hugged them back. "Hey, I told you I wouldn't be long, you two...you didn't wreck anything while I was gone?"

"Nope!" The space kid smiled. "Would we really break something while you were-"

"Orion, I adopted you and I've rubbed off on you two." Eda said, her eyes narrowed. "Heck, I would break something while I was gone."

"But we didn't this time! Pinky swear!" Orion exclaimed, holding up his pinky, only for King to shake it with his own.

Eda sighed. "Alright, I believe you...for now."

King smiled before finally noticing Luz. "...Mom, did you kidnap somebody?"

Luz's eyes were starry at the overall adorable appearance of King and Orion, and she looked like she was holding in a squeal.

Orion tilted his head, scratching it as well. "Is she gonna explode?"

"No, not yet." Eda said. "Orion, King, this is Luz Noceda AKA Spider-Witch."

King and Orion's eyes widened immediately and their eyes quickly turned sparkly as they rushed over. "You're Spider-Witch!?!"

Orion quickly sat next to Luz. "You're the superhero that beats up all those bad guys!?"

"And with the gylphs!?!" King exclaimed, smiling wide.

Luz finally couldn't take it anymore and she hugged the two of them. "Yes, I am!!! And you two are the cutest things I've ever seen!!!!"

"So many hugs today." Eda chuckled as she walked over. "They saw you on TV and became instant fans."

Luz then let them go. "Heh! Sorry, sorry! I'm normally not super personal so soon!!!"

"But you're awesome!!!" King cried, his tail wagging rapidly. "And Mom says you have my dad's gylphs!!!"

Luz's eyes widened. "Your dad's...what? Wait, wait, you also know where my powers come from?"

"You don't?" Orion asked, tilting his head. "But your name is Spider-Witch."

Luz chuckled sheepishly. "Well, yeah, but I'm actually still learning a lot of my powers. I've only just recently learned I can do this." She said as her hand lit ablaze.

"Yeah! Fire glyph!" King said with a nod.

Luz blinked before looking at the two. "Is your dad around so I can ask him more about them...?"

"Unfortunately, no." Eda said. "It's a long story and you deserve to know. It's why I brought ya here in the first place...as a matter of fact, it's best I show ya."

King gasped. "Portal time!!!"

Orion squealed and suddenly summoned a gigantic star and sat on it, which then floated him downstairs, with King running after him.