Theodora

I don't exactly know what happened. One second, we were cruising, Leo was snoring against my back, and the next, BOOM! It was like Festus hit a wall mid-air. He fell, knocking us all loose and leaving us tumbling through the sky like skydivers without parachutes.

"Theo! Grab Leo!" I hear Jason yell. I manage to look up and see him with his arms around Piper. I look down and see Leo falling below me, his arms waving around frantically. I point myself towards him and feel myself pick up speed. However, I miscalculate how far I am, and end up crashing into him. I manage to wrap my arms around him, and he grips me tightly.

"Theo! We have to save Festus!"

"Working on it." I look for our dragon friend, but hear a loud explosion below us.

There he is.

I manage to slow our descent, but Piper and Jason shoot past me as Jason struggles to get control. He's just managing when the explosion knocks him off balance, sending them crashing into the roof of a warehouse. I'm lowering us gently when the explosion hits me, and I realize why Jason struggled. It's the air pressure that holds us up. The explosion knocks it out of whack. Leo and I tumble down too, landing in almost the same spot as Jason and Piper.

Something heavy is on my chest. On my head. I hear movement next to me, but my head is pounding.

"Piper! Where's Piper!" I hear Jason's voice from a distance.

"Ow, bro!" Leo groans far away too. "That's my back! I'm not a sofa. Piper, where'd you go?"

"Here." I hear Piper whimper nearby.

I'm trying to orient myself, but I can't see anything. Something is pinning me down, and something is in my eyes. I feel like I'm spinning. I hear what sounds like footsteps on metal pass by me.

I hear Leo now, probably with Piper. "You okay? Oh...no you're not."

My chest tightens. Oh god what happened to Piper?

"Thanks for the reassurance." She groans. At least she can speak.

"Where's Theo?" Leo looks around worried. "We both crashed in here. Oh, god, where's Theo!" There's panic in his voice.

I manage to make a sound without throwing up. "Ughhhh"

I hear footsteps running over. They stop a few feet away. "I heard something over here." Leo's voice is shaky. "Theo!"

The yelling hurts my head. "Stop." I manage. "Quiet."

"Oh, god, Theo, oh god." I hear metal scraping above me, and suddenly I can see. The small amount of light that enters is enough to make my headache ten times worse.

"Ouch." I shut my eyes. "Concussion."

"Oh, god, oh god, that's a lot of blood." Leo is frantically pulling things off of me.

Blood?

I hear more footsteps run over, and I realize I must have been buried under a pile of metal.

"See, not dirt, blood." I manage.

Someone lifts me and carries me, and the movement makes me so incredibly nauseous, I almost throw up.

"Oh, my god," I hear Piper next to me.

"Guys, shhhh." My ears throb with every noise.

"Where's all that blood coming from?" Leo sounds incredibly nervous. I feel someone stroking the side of my face.

"She hit her head. Heads bleed a lot." Jason speaks now. "Lift her head up."

"Please don't." I murmur.

Gift of the Godsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें