Theodora

I don't sit with the cabins in the dining pavilion. Being that I'm not a child of any god, I don't have a cabin, which is why I stay in the Big House. I guess, if anything, if Hera breathed life into me, I could claim her as my parent, but I'd still be alone. And the Hera cabin is absolutely terrifying. No thanks. I'd rather sleep in my room in the cozy farmhouse.

Chiron shares the table with me, and usually with Mr. D. Today, Jason, the blond kid, is sitting there too. As we eat, he and Chiron fill me in on the events of the day. While I was giving a tour, Hera was working hard freaking out our new campers and knocking Piper out. In the back of my mind, I wonder if that has to do with whatever freaked out Leo, but I don't say a word. It's probably nothing.

"Good old Hera," I mutter as they finish. "She's trapped?" A nagging feeling is growing in my gut. It's stupid, and Hera sucks, but she gave me life. She's the reason I'm here picking at some grapes.

"And she wiped my memories. So fun." Jason doesn't seem hungry. He's picking at his food too.

Chiron stands to announce it's time for the campfire.

Just like at dinner, I don't sit with the other campers at the fire. I sit in the front, with Chiron, Annabeth, and Jason. The Apollo kids are leading the group in song. It's fun to watch everyone singing and goofing around. I spot Leo, who gives me his goofy smile and a wave.

I roll my eyes, but give him a wave back.

As the song ends, Chiron joins in on the applause. "Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals. I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment, I promise we'll get to the smores, but first-"

"What about capture the flag?" I hear Clarisse's distinctive voice call out. The rest of the Ares kids immediately break out in grumbling approval.

"Yes." Chiron sighs. "I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

"And kill people!" Another Ares kid shouts.

"However," Chiron continues, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that?"

Nyssa stands up. I notice Leo gives a finger gun to someone else in the crowd. I follow his gaze and see the girl, Piper. She must have woken up during dinner. "We're working on it."

Nyssa's answer clearly is not what everyone wanted to hear.

"How, Nyssa?" An Ares kid yells over at her.

"Really hard." Nyssa bites back sourly.

More people start yelling, to where Chiron has to stomp his hoof to get their attention again. "We will have to be patient. In the meantime, we have more pressing matters to discuss."

"Percy?" Someone else calls out.

Chiron gestures to Annabeth, who stands up with a sigh. "I didn't find Percy." I can feel her sadness through her voice. "He wasn't at the Grand Canyon like I thought. But we're not giving up. We've got teams everywhere. Grover, Tyson, Nico, The Hunters of Artemis- everyone's out looking. We will find him. Chiron is talking about something different. A new quest."

"It's the Great Prophecy isn't it?" My least favorite voice. I turn and see Drew standing.

"Drew?" Annabeth seems shocked too. "What do you mean?"

"Well, come on." She rolls her eyes as if it's obvious. "Olympus is closed. Percy's disappeared. Hera sends you a vision and you come back with three new demigods in one day. I mean, something weird is going on. The Great Prophecy has started, right?"