Chapter 6

The Starting Adventure

Batear sat at the meeting place where Cavestar agreed to talk to Snakefoot and Crowstripe. The three Field clan cats patiently waited under the small bridge that was just over one of the strange streams. The Thuderpath was going over the bridge, but Batear never really saw any monsters going by sometimes the same light blue monster would slowly leave and come up the Thunder path to the two legs nest. the wind carried the scent of Borrow clan cats to the three cats, Batear closed his jaws and smiled knowing that Cavestar might be the Brightest cave.

"Where will Star clan take us?" Snakefoot asked as she looked up to the sky, its clear blue reflecting on her eyes.

"I don't know but, last night I had a dream with a bat and a snake. I think Star clan is telling me that I'm in the prophecy," Crowstripe mewed as he looked at a beetle that was walking on the cold ground.

"Ooo will I get a sign from Star clan too?" Snakefoot happily meowed still looking up to the morning sky.

"A sign from Star Clan, well I had one too. But I went to it, I did not wait to get it," Cavestar said as he walked under the bridge with them, "I saw a bat, crow, and then a snake in my meet with Star clan last night. So you guys must be them,"

"Yep, Im Snakefoot and that's Crowstripe," Snakefoot mewed poking Crowstripe with her tail.

"I know, and I am truly sorry for your loss," Cavestar meowed as he tilted his head away from the flying beetle Crowstripe was watching, "I say that we leave tonight to leave the clans, What do you think?"

"What about the 'grate oak' don't we need to find who that is or what that is?" Batear mewed wondering why he wanted to leave so soon.

"I have a feeling that we will find it out there, So we must start getting ready to leave the clans. Got it?" Cavestar meowed as he turned around.

Batear nodded and he and his clanmates followed him back to camp, Slowly Batear jumped and walked over some of the sharper stems that were still poking out from when the monster ate. Batear, Snakefoot, And Crowstripe all hunted some prey to take to the clan so It looked like they were hunting the whole time. In camp, Twohart was ordering patrols out of camp in his soft but mean voice. Wheatstar sat on top of Fallen Branch, he looked over to them some worry in his eyes. Snakefoot walked over to her father Twohart and pressed her head to his chest in greeting. Batear and Crowstripe walked over to Wheatstar.

"Wheatstar, We need to ask you, no tell you something." Crowstripe meowed bowing his head.

Wheatstar followed them to the new Leaders den, which was behind the Fallen Branch and tucked into where High Rock used to be, but was now crumbled, the smaller pieces were moved but some bigger ones still covered the ground. The roof of the leader's den was all the smaller branches but was placed to cover the den from rain and snow. Wheatstar layed down in his moss bed with his tail covering his paws that were poking out.

"Wheatstar, prophase is telling me, Crowstripe, Snakefoot, and Cavestar to go into the Far Lands. Cornstar has also seen this, remember her prophecy?" Batear said as he sat down on a rock," She said, 'When the night with no moon comes, corn will be cut, dirt will be plowed, cuts will bleed, and the fields will burn.' And I have had many dreams with Meadowgaze," Batear began but got interrupted by Wheatstar

"M-Meadowgaze... How do you know her!?" Wheatstar yowled quickly standing up.

"She talked to me in my dreams, how do you know her?" Batear asked flatlining himself closer to the ground.

"She was my, one and only. If she spoke to you then I trust that you are telling the truth." Wheatstar said silently as he looked up. Looking into his eyes Batear thought he saw a shadow of a cat, but nobody was there, "Sometimes I feel like she never died."