Chapter 4

Slithers and Bites 

"um, why do I have to go to Square Stones?" Batear asked tilting his head in confusion

"That is where I was in my dream with StarClan, also that is where most of the snakes are so it makes seance," Snowfern said looking towards the Square Stones.

Batear nodded and started going to Square Stones. As Batear walked he noticed that the air was getting foggier and smokier as he walked, . By the time Batear got close to Square Stones, his pelt felt wet, and his thoughts stung from smoke. Batear perked his ears as he saw a cat shape running around the square stones, Batear walked closer and he saw that it was Raven kit! Batear's fur prickled as he started to run closer.

"RAVENKIT! LOOK OUT!" Spottedpaw yowled as she ran up to Ravenkit, "SNAKE, THERE IS A SNAKE!"

Batear looked closer and he saw a large shape of a snake! slithering out of the crevasses of Square Stones. Batear ran after Spotedpaw to Save Ravenkit from the snake. Spottedpaw leaped Onto Square Stones to push Ravenkit off. Batear eyes widened and it seemed that time slowed as he saw the snake spring up and bite Spottedpaw on her paw. A loud yowl of pain struck the air as the snake sunk its fangs into Spottedpaw. Batear quickly pinned the snake down his claws stabbing the snake behind its head. With a hiss, the snake let go of Spottedpaw's paw. Batear grabbed the neck of the snake and shook it. Spottedpaw whimpered as she limped away from Square Stones small drops of blood siding from her bite marks.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry! I-i was just chasseing a butterfly a-and!" Ravenkit cried looking at Spottedpaw's wound

"I-It only hurts I'm ok. I-I don't think that snake was venomous, It just hurts," Spottedpaw said with her teeth clenched to stop her from crying out in pain.

Dropping the snake Batear rushed over to Spottedpaw to help her get back to camp. She must get to camp! no, she can't make it! Cobwebs we need cobwebs! Batear thought. 

The next day came, the fog was gone and Spottedpaw was in camp healing. Worry took over the camp, especially on Cornstar. for a couple of days, Spottedpaw couldn't leave the Medicin Cat den.

"Don't worry Batear, she is fine," Snowfern said looking at Batear and then to Twohart, "Twohart, Her paw will never be the same after this, I doubt that she will be able to walk on it"

"Look, I can walk on it! Ow" Spottedpaw said challengingly but then she fell to the floor.

"STOP WALKING ON IT! That just will make it worse!" Snowfern yelled at Spottedpaw, "As I was saying, she will try to walk on it but, well I don't want her to, it will only hurt her." Snowfern said turning back to Batear and Twohart.

"Will she be able to become a worrier?" Batear asked 

"Only StarClan will say, But what I think Is yes but it will be hard," Snowfern replied.