Chapter 5

When Namjoon and I make it back home, it's with the both of us completely drained of any strength we had this morning, Yoongi an endless source of energy that strangely surpasses even mine when he's in a good mood.

It doesn't help that we went shopping in the morning, but the cat certainly took everything that was left, and then some more. It was a lot of fun, though I also felt very sad when it was time to leave again.

I tried to not let it show on my face once in the car with Namjoon, but I think he could see it anyway. He'd held my hand softly without saying anything, his own way of comforting me as distance grew between Yoongi and I for the second time since we met.

We remove our shoes in sync before moving to the living room where Namjoon drops on the couch before rolling to his side with a groan, eyes closing for a few seconds before he pats the space in front of him to invite me over, just like he always did when I was still only a dog in his mind.

"Let me go shift in the room first, Namjoon, I don't want my clothes all over the floor" I inform him before turning around to head to his bedroom, but he makes a noise and pats the space before his stomach again.

"Come, sweetie, it's fine, I don't mind".

I blink at him in surprise, and then I'm running over to the couch before jumping on him in one swift leap, which causes a chocked humph! to leave him as I make myself comfortable between his arms, head nestled in his neck where it's warm and smells good.

"Goodness... you're going to break me one day if you keep doing that" he utters softly as he wraps his upper arm over my waist and down my back to pull me closer, and I giggle lightly before closing my eyes with a content smile, this feels even better than when I'm in my dog form.

"You'll be fine, you're strong enough to handle it" I chirp quietly, the warmth of my breath against his skin enough to give him goosebumps, he shivers a little before resting his chin over my head, right between the base of my ears.

"Mhm. I guess you're right, I am strong" he echoes, his tiredness already taking him into a restful daze that he more than needs after the long day we had, and it makes me overly happy to be within his embrace as he rests soundly like this, I could stay here forever.

I slowly nose at his throat as he begins to snore quietly, my scent lathered onto his skin thickly, and since I am drowning in his and Yoongi's scents, there is a bit of the cat's that also transfers onto him, and wow...

That smells really good.

It's as if our three scents were always meant to be made as one and it makes me crave for more of it.

I've finally found out what my favourite scent in the world is, but it can only be if the three are merged together... that's not an easy scent. I seem to have a very complicated taste.

My head knows that it's a helpless case, but my heart can't help but long for an impossible scenario anyway. Namjoon isn't a big fan of cats, I could guess that much from how he looked at Yoongi, but what if he accepted to adopt him too?

Then the three of us could live here and do everything together.

We could cuddle and scent each other, and I would be able to carry my favourite scent everywhere I go with me! I'm sure other hybrids wouldn't dare to bother me if I had both on me at all time.

Yes, I would love having Namjoon and Yoongi with me when I wake up every morning, but that's greedy coming from me, right?

I already have Namjoon, so I don't need more. He's such a kind person, he is warm and loving, all of that without ever asking for anything in exchange, not to mention that he even comforted me when finding out that I was a hybrid after he was tricked by Jin.