Chapter 2

🤭🤭🤭

I stare at the closed door of the room where Namjoon is currently working, a small breath leaving me when a look at the time shows that he's been in there for hours already.

It's nearly lunch time and I haven't seen him even once since he got in there, a worrying pattern that I have observed many times during these last few days - he truly is a workaholic, though it's my first time meeting one.

I shake my head and take in my surroundings in the lush living room, the few toys Yoongi put in my bag spread across the floor from when I played with them earlier, something that didn't last too long because playing alone is boring.

I wish Namjoon would take some time to play with me, although I understand why he can't since he has to work hard, his job not quite conventional, that much I could tell.

He told me last night while we were cuddled on the couch that he's in the middle of a huge contract that requires a lot of time from him, which explains why he hasn't taken any breaks to see me during the day, and through his many yawns, he apologized saying that he didn't want to make me lonely for too long and that he would do his best to finish his work quickly so that he could keep me company without stressing about it, so really, I'm not in a position to complain.

He's doing his best in his own way, and so locking himself in his work office for hours at a time is against all odds his way of thinking about me.

I rest my head on my arms and sigh, one of my long ears sliding forward to cover a part of my snout, the few knots already appearing in my fur the last of my concerns as I stare at the door in the hopes of seeing it open soon, a futile wish because he'll probably only come out of there in the evening.

I sincerely wish Namjoon would take better care of himself, something that he doesn't even seem to know how to do, it makes me feel restless even though I haven't been here for too long, a week at most.

From the day of his adopting me, from the moment we stepped foot inside his home, the gentle human has been nothing but sweet with me.

He showed me around the house as if he was talking to a fellow human - which I enjoyed - and I have to say, it's a very beautiful property that looks a lot like him - peaceful and calming. It's situated at the edge of the town's forest, one that grants us peace and quiet, which I find perfect.

But that's not what left the most vivid impact on me that day. No.

When the tour was done, I was somehow made witness of a scene of crime as he proceeded on making himself a... butchered meal while giving me some tasty dog food, my current taste buds allowing me to enjoy what other dogs would, thank goodness for that.

One thing I have come to understand during the little time I've had to spend with him is that...

Namjoon doesn't know I am a hybrid.

In his mind, he has adopted a dog. A dog who will always remain only a dog, and so that's why I feel very uncomfortable about shifting to my human form right now, though I feel like that would be for the best, because I can think of many things already that I could do for him that would be done better than what I saw from him.

The meals he makes himself all look... gross, and he doesn't look like he's enjoying any of them either when he eats. It feels more as though he eats only because he knows he has too if he wants to continue working like someone who has no life.

With the skills I was allowed to gain thanks to Jin and Yoongi's teaching, I know very well that I could make him something tasty instead of the bowls of mud he makes himself, but that brings me back to square one, which is that Namjoon doesn't know about my real identity, my hybrid blood making me a little bit harder to take care of than a simple dog.