Chapter Twenty: Light

"Is it..." A small fennecat asked.

"Dead, yes, it's dead, Lamplight." A periwinkle fennecat answered.

"Oh, are we free then Clock?" Lamp asked.

"I think so." A brown fennecat responded.

Lamp smiled.

"Do you know how to get out of here, Lyra?" She asked.

"I think so." Lyra responded.

"Wait, where's Paint?" He panicked.

The 3 started shouting Paint's name, until Clock found him.

"PAINT!" They yelled fearfully.

Lamp and Lyra ran towards Clock.

"Paint! What happened to him?" Lamp asked.

"That... Monster... Ripped my eyes out." Paint huffed.

"Here I can help!" Clock shouted, grabbing their medical bag.

Clock grabbed cotton swabs, cloth, bandages, and medicine. They cleaned up the blood from Paint's missing eyeballs, applied the medicine onto the place where Paint's eyes are meant to be, and bandaged up Paint.

"You'll probably never be able to see again, but at least it won't get infected." Clock pointed out.

"Dang." Paint whispered.

"Soooo, Lyra, how do we get out of here?" Lamp requested, trying to change the subject.

"I think I saw a ladder in the office! We can use that to get out of this dump!" Lyra explained, his voice full of excitement.

Lamp rushed over to the office and grabbed the ladder, when she walked out, she took a quick glance at the collapsed rubble blocking the hall to the exit.

That is not something we can climb up. She thought to herself.

She dragged the heavy ladder to the room where Clock, Paint, and Lyra were.

"I got the ladder!" Lamp struggled to drag the ladder in.

"Great job Lampy! Clock, could you help Paint out?" Lyra instructed.

"Ugh, fineee." Clock groaned.

"Here, I'll take that, Lamp!" Lyra said, grabbing the ladder.

"Of course, Lamplight is getting the special treatment because she is 'fragile', ugh." Clock muttered.

"What was that Clock?" Lamp cheerfully asked.

"Oh, nothing." Clock responded.

"Okay!" Lamp smiled.

The 4 went over to the clutter of debris, Lyra placed the ladder by the clutter and started climbing. Clock held onto Paint's hand as they climbed up.

The wall of debris was huge. Once they got to the end of it, Lyra instructed them to carefully climb down.

Lamp accidentally misplaced her foot then...

Crash!

She fell, her left leg and one of her ears shattered. Golden blood splattered around.

Oh, that's what Lyra meant by fragile, Clock thought to themselves, teary eyed.

Clock quickly slid down, med bag in hand. They quickly took care of Lamp's injury.

"Am-am-am I made of glass?" Lamp asked horrified.

"Not really, just limbs and ears can shatter, I have no clue why it does that for lamp fennecats." Lyra answered.