Chapter Twelve: Caves

"One, may I try to get my friends Hyper and HoneySun?" Atlas asked, hoping One would agree.

"Sure, Hyper is a moth snow leopard and HoneySun is a bumblebear. Do you know where they live, Atlas?" One replied.

Atlas nodded, running towards the cave entrance.

Once Atlas got to the bottom of the mountain, she removed her coat and wrapped it around her waist tightly. She ran through the forest until she reached a den. She knocked on the door, waiting for Hyper and Sunny.

"Ello? Oh, hi Atlas!" Sunny answered the door as joy filled their face. They both exchanged brief greetings to each other.

"Could you and Hyper please come with me to Cloudy's Peak?" Atlas asked at once.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? CLOUDY'S PEAK IS FREEZING!" Sunny exclaimed.

"It could be very important, please! I have some winter coats for you and Hyper." Atlas begged.

"Fine, but Hyper doesn't need a winter coat." Sunny sighed as they were a bit annoyed.

Sunny went in to grab Hyper but came out with someone else as well.

"Who's that, Snowy?" Atlas asked curiously.

"Xandre, or Zyn for short." Sunny gestured towards Zyn.

"Zyn!" Atlas exclaimed, handing Zyn and Sunny a coat.

"Put these on once you get cold!" she instructed.

"What...?" Zyn swiveled their head in confusion. He just got there.

"Don't ask." Sunny added.

Atlas gestured a signal that meant 'follow me'.

Zyn, Hyper, and Sunny followed Atlas as instructed, once they reached the mountain they decided to fly up. They took a quick break to put on their coats before going back up.

As soon as they reached the cave of the mountain and landed, Atlas held onto Sunny's paw to help him navigate the cave. Then Atlas did the same for Hyper and Zyn.

"One! I got Hyper and Sunny! As well Zyn." Atlas shouted.

"Great! Now we just need, Rose, Thunder, and Copper!" One exclaimed excitedly.

"Hey! One! I got Thunder and Copper!" Pepper yelled, trying to help Copper and Thunder up to the cave.

"That's great! We just need Queen Sphynx to get here, and we'll be ready. For now, we just got to wait, and wait, and wait." One rubbed his paws.

One and everybody else just waited, and waited, and waited.

Finally, Sphynx staggered into the cave with Rose.

"Oh, yay! You're finally here!" One said joyfully. "No more waiting, it's important we do this now."

He directed the others to get to their spots, before settling into his spot.

The cave was lit up with colorful lights- a greyish cornflower for One, rose for Rose obviously, orange for Copper, purple for Zyn, an electric yellow for Thunder, a blue for Hyper, and a light yellow for Sunny. They were all fascinated at the glowing colors in the dull cave.

A wall started to move, which opened a path to another room of the cave. One ordered everyone to go through the door to see the other room. The room was filled with beautiful lights.

"What do these images mean? And the 11 light thingies" Thunder asked curiously.

"I think it's 12, I see 1 that's not lit up." Hyper corrected observingly.

"This is not a prophecy..." Sphynx said slightly worried. "It's something that happened, and that could happen again."

"What do you mean, Queen Sphynx?" Hyper asked, generally confused.

Sphynx stayed silent and stared at the walls, drinking in every detail of what happened.

The cave had images of some weird star creature, with glowing eyes and rainbows all of it. Nearby the star were creatures, panicking, begging for forgiveness, trying to protect themselves, and dying. In another image of the star, it got captured and... and...it was blurry, the image of what happened to the star was blurry. There is some writing under the lights, though. Copper pointed to the writing.

"Huh, what is that? Oh, some writing, good job, Copper!" Zyn cheered.

"'Once the twelfth is taken in, all 12 lights shine. The power of the great star, Katrina The First Star will be given back to who originally had it, back to who it was taken from.'" He paused, catching his breath.

"'Chaos will rise, it is the inhabitants of Hybrina who must put a stop to the first star for good, put a stop to the star that refuses to die, though only if they choose to work together.'" Zyn read out loud.

"The first star?" One raised an eyebrow.

"The first star, it's a very old tale." Sphynx explained.

"Wait, the first star is named Katrina, right?" One questioned

"Correct." Zyn answered.

"Katrina can be shortened to Kat... Kat and the star are both incredibly colorful, and Kat even has star markings on her fur!" One's breath suddenly came in short, ragged gasps as he connected the dots.

"Uhh...remind me who Kat is?" Zyn asked.

"Kat is...is a leader of a murder squad of cursed individuals. I-I am sadly one of those ten individuals." One's voice grew forlorn as he spoke about his sorrowful life. "Kat forces us to kill people, so we don't die from our curses." Suddenly, his ears perked up.

"Wait, there are 11 lit up lights, does that mean... if Kat and Katrina are the same, does that mean-"

"One, I think this means that if Kat gets 12 cursed creatures, her power would be freed, those lights above them is the symbol for curses." Sphynx analyzed.

"What, how do you know for sure it's actually Kat though?" Pepper asked.

"The blurry bit, it's not blurry for me. It shows the star getting transformed into a different form, one that looks the exact same as Kat. The other blurry bit is what happens if all 12 cursed creatures are taken in." Sphynx murmured fearfully as she thought about what would happen if Kat got her powers back.

"Wait, if there is 11 lit up but the most recent creature taken into Kat's murder squad was Ten... Does that mean-" One shook his head.

"One, you might not be the first taken in." Sphynx gulped fearfully.