Chapter 10: Teachers Can Be Sluts Too

Song Suggestion: Older - Isabel LaRosa

Note: Unedited.

*****

"Are you even trying, princess?" Grayson's teasing voice snaps me out of my daze, as a ball comes hurling to the side of me, slightly missing my face by a couple of inches.

I gasp and flail out the way, earning a few chuckles that made my face burn aflame.

I'll show him who's the princess, I scowl to myself.

Glaring at him with all the force I could muster, I grabbed the ball he hauled at me and threw it back with almost the same amount of force. However, I had grossly underestimated my aiming skills, and instead it was headed in a straight line for Jackson's face.

Eh... He could do with a less perfect nose, would balance out our friendship more I think.

If anything I'm making it fair.

Smack!

He groans and cups his nose, trying to stop the blood from dripping everywhere. "Fuck!" He curses.

I rush over to him apologetically, "Shit man... I'm so sorry! It looks awful... there's so much blood.." I rambled nervously when the blood kept flowing at a steady rate, earning a glare from Jackson.

"Don't just stand there, take him to the nurse's office!" The coach ordered, seeming irritated. I nod hurridley and drag Jackson out of the hall, not before casting one last look at Grayson to see he was smirking mockingly.

We walk to the nurses office, Jackson scowling at me the entire time,

"I was on the sidelines. You need to work on your aim, man..."

I smile sheepishly at him, "Who knows. I could have been aiming for you all along." He slaps the back of my head lightly, "Hey!" I protested before being interrupted by a cough from behind me, the nurse was looking at us expectantly.

"I don't have all day. Get in." He scoffs at us and steps to one side, giving us room to walk past him. I slowly strode in, taking my time, because if my only purpose in life wasn't to annoy as many people I could, then I don't know what is.

The exaggerated exhale came from the nurse, as he pinched the bridge of his nose, telling me that my efforts were not in vain.

He pointed to a chair and told Jackson to sit, and grabbed a wet wipe and started to roughly clean his face. "Ow! Careful..." He whined. The nurse instantly paused, looking distracted, and carried on, but this time gentler.

What the fuck is this guys problem?

"Sorry I just... it's been a tough week that's all." He smiled wistfully, looking apologetic, and instantly I felt guilty.

Ugh, I hated feeling guilty.

"Want to talk about it?" I offered, unsure of what to say, earning a grin from Jackson at my awkward nature.

"It's okay." He smiled softly, "Just the usual adult problems."

"Oh, like a relationship problem? Does that have anything to do with the teacher glaring at you from outside?" Jackson said jokingly, furrowing his eyebrows when the nurse turned his neck quickly to look at the door.

He snapped his head back immediately, trying to pretend he hadn't noticed him.

"I definitely think he saw you man.." I say helpfully, earning glares from the nurse.

After a minute of silence from Jackson, he piped up "Wait... Are you fucking Mr. Thawnbridge? Holy shit man. Fair play!" Jackson whistled in awe and clapped him on the back as if he were best buddies rather than a school nurse and a college student.

"That is none of your business! Quiet, before he hears you." He growls at Jackson and turns to me, "Is he still there?" He asks me, more hushed and nervous sounding.

I turned to look to see that he was indeed still standing directly outside the glass door, and I waved at him obnoxiously. "You little-!" The nurse glared at me horrified, and then turned to Jackson who was standing up.

"Thanks for the ice pack, we'll be going now though, I feel loads better." He thanks him and walks over to me, "We'll let your friend in on the way out.." He smiles mischievously and walks over to the door and opens it quickly before the nurse can protest.

"Hey Mr. Thawnbridge! He's all yours." He grinned at him and patted his shoulder, not bothered by him glaring down at his hand that was on his arm, as if it was a stain he couldn't get rid of. "Right, okay, we'll be going now." Jackson walked out, and I followed close behind him, leaving the two adults in the room by themselves.

He slammed the door shut as soon as we had left, almost grazing my ankle, making me jolt. Just as we had left however, we both saw him stalk over to the nurse.

"Lucas." He greeted him curtly, glaring down at him. "You have been avoiding me." He stated a matter of factly.

Before Lucas could deny his accusations, the teacher then leaned in, so he was whispering in his ear, and although neither me nor Jackson could make out what he had said, we could see by the flushing of his cheeks, and the wide eyed expression, that he had probably said something terrifying.

"Jesus man.. would not want to be him right now." Jackson grimaced and walked off, and I cast one last parting glance to them both, and ran to catch up with him.

I agreed with him fully.