Chapter 1: The Great Chase

This is my first ever story so feedback is welcomed :)

***

Skidding across the mud, the sludgy brown water seeped into the cracks of my shoes, filling up quickly with the murky water. I cringed in disgust when I heard squelching noises anytime I put too much pressure on my feet.

"Get back here!" His voice boomed through the quiet streets as he chased me. Taking one quick risky look over my shoulder confirmed that he was not giving up anytime soon.

His footsteps only an inch away, my heart thudded against my ribs in response. I was certain he could hear it as clear as day. Urging my burning, shaky legs to push faster, beads of sweat dripped down my face, falling into my stinging eyes.

I felt his heat directly behind me and my heart stuttered in my chest, my back tingled warmly. A less wholesome warmth pooled in the pit of my stomach.

With nowhere else to go I turned right and raced down the alley, slipping clumsily as I turned sharply, almost toppling to the ground.

"Stop!" He yelled out after me, his voice like knives.

I cringed at the tone he used. "No!" I shouted back frantically, very manly and not, at all, afraid.

I wasn't entirely sure if it was even possible to stop at this point; my body was moving on autopilot, unable to stop. Instead I dragged my weary legs further until I came across a locked rusty gate, blocking me from leaving.

Promptly, I started to tug it open, earning a few creaks and groans however it wouldn't budge. Grabbing onto the top part of the gate, I attempted to hoist myself up, when I felt the guy roughly grab my leg.

My heart felt like it was exploding with fear, and my sweat-soaked hands stopped me from climbing up properly.

Fantastic...

He yanked me back down swiftly and I desperately tried prying his hands off of my legs, however, my strength didn't compare to his one iota, and instead I resulted in flailing around like one of those one-legged air dancers. I hit the ground with a thud, my backpack doing nothing to cushion the fall.

For a long moment he stared at me darkly, waiting for me to speak first.

"Can I help you...? Are you uh looking for someone?" I gulped, trying to ignore the feeling of morbid anticipation trickling in. I glanced between the gap of his powerful thighs as he towered over me, thinking of the ways I could make my brave get away. A large hand gripped my chin and wrenched my head so our eyes met.

I held my breath as I stared deep into his eyes. They were a startling shade of blue and for a moment I felt breathless. Silver piercings aligned his nose, lips and ears, his hair a shade of dark brown, some strands falling just above his eyes.

My heart felt stunned just by looking at him, I flushed slightly knowing how I looked right now. My unruly curls formed a mop on my head, patches of blues and greens from that time me and my sister tried to dye my hair blue, but went horribly wrong.

"There's dye everywhere!" May wheezed out a laugh.

"You didn't close the cap properly!" I spoke between giggles, the walls splattered with dye, looking like an entire smurf village had just gotten violently slaughtered.

Her shrill voice pierced my ears, "Donny! It's in my hair!" She screamed horrified. I crouched slightly as I laughed my ass off, hardly breathing with my hands on my knees to steady myself.

"You-!" He panted between his words, bringing me out of my trance, "You're dead you little shit!" He barked, making me jump.

He exhaled loudly, as if he was pissed off about something, and, now that I'm thinking about it, he probably was...