{Our Sunset}

After everything that had happened, Eggman's attack, Sonic's sacrifice to recovery and helping rebuild the town, things got more peaceful over the next 3 years. No more problems with eggman and every one of our friends is alright, now. . What do we do?

Shadow's P.O.V.
It had been an odd three years, most of it was Sonic recovering from the Eggman battle and I've been by his side ever since then. We partied with friends, had some hot moments, sad moments and other stuff in the way like jobs & events. I was bandaging Sonic's leg cause it was one of those bad moments, because of the side effects of the injury he often gets very bad migraines that make him stay in bed all day and it worries me a lot; "If you keep having that worried expression on your face you're gonna get wrinkles" I looked up at Sonic as he smiled a bit while in pain, I chuckled a bit as i finished and sat on the bed with him. "Im your boyfriend, I am supposed to worry it's my job i guess" Sonic's eyes sparkled as I said that and laid his head on my shoulder, he hissed a bit in pain from his headache as I leaned to grab the pain killers and water bottle. He took the medicine and stretched a bit as he stood up; "Now that I took the medicine, I could go for a smoothie right now" I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, standing up as well. "I'll get the fruit and blender out and ready, name the smoothie you want" I went to the kitchen as Sonic followed me like a lost puppy, i pulled out some mangos, pineapples, and grapes so the smoothie won't taste like banana. Sonic was watching as I was cutting up the fruit and pulling out other things for it, my ear twitched as I heard a hiss coming from his mouth. I immediately stopped what i was doing and went over to him; "Shads Im fine, its just some sharp pain-" As he said that I started moving his leg around slowly, he looked at me surprised as he relaxed a bit.

"Calm down, Im not gonna call the ambulance. . . again" I blushed in embarrassment as Sonic chuckled, when his sharp pains first started I call the ambulance immediately only to find out it was a false alarm. I got back up and went back to what I was doing, I finished his smoothie and slid it over to him and his face lit up as he drank it. I sat beside him and rubbed his head gently; "I love you so much Shadow, I know I haven't said it a lot cause of my. . Injury but im thankful for you" Sonic smiled as he said that, I smiled and gently kissed his forehead. . Years are passing and things are changing, but I think I'll be okay with it. Sonic looked at the window and saw that the Sun was going down, he then looked at me for permission to go and I nodded, he put his shoes on and I did the same as we left. He ran over to the spot of the pier as it wasnt far from our apartment, I was smiling from his excitement everytime we do this. . It became an annual thing, only in special nights but. . What's special about today? "Shads come in slow poke!!" Sonic shouted from afar, I rolled my eyes and picked up speed as we reached the end of the pier. We started going to the pier often as some sort of tradition for us whenever we had time to focus on ourselves; "watching the sunset is. . . Nice" I said while looking out at the ocean, I heard rummaging from beside me as I looked over and as I did I saw a present in front of me.

"Happy Birthday!. . Well mostly its the day when you were first created but it works!" Sonic smiled as I got the present and opened it. . . It was a small plush of Maria, I pulled it out and looked at it, admiring all the features that were correct as they'll ever be. "Cream helped me make it, I know she means a lot to you so we made you a small momento of her whenever that time of the year rolls around" Sonic implied, I smiled at it than at him and hugged him softly sharing an embrace with him; "Thank you, but also know that you're also Important as well. . Hm, Cream should make plushies of us" As I said it, I looked over at Sonic while his eyes were sparkling while holding out two plushies of us. . I rolled my eyes as it got darker, we walked back home hand in hand while the dolls were in the bag; "So, what should we do now? Eggman is defeated, we can live our lives the way we want and spend more time alone together without any distractions" Sonic said while leaning against me, I yawned softly as I was getting a bit tired; "First, I wanna sleep and tomorrow we'll plan a picnic or something indoors. Other than that just live together" Sonic nodded as we walked home. . . Things were only getting better.