Chapter 61- Return to reality

Start from the beginning

He rummaged through other caves and found a jar made of gold, and then took the jar back to the tomb.

Looking at Lin An, who had his back turned to him and was rummaging around, Shen Xiuze asked softly: "I'm going to start."

Both of them understood what this meant, and Lin An settled down. After a pause, he hummed in a low voice.

As the raging flames burned behind him, Lin An did not look back. Although he seemed to be looking for clues to the cause of death of these people everywhere, in fact, his face was pale, his eyes were dull, and he had no idea what he was looking for under his hands. What?

Because Shen Xiuze used ultra-high temperature flames, the two skeletons disappeared in the fire in an instant.

Lin An wanted to turn his head and watch that scene with his own eyes, but he didn't dare. His parents' concerned questions and nagging about their parents' incompetence seemed to still be echoing in his ears, but behind him were two skeletons without any vitality.

He couldn't accept such a gap.

Shen Xiuze cremated Lin An's parents and then put the ashes into jars.

Lin An seemed to be escaping and continued to search around the mausoleum, and finally found the reason at the door.

"They were trapped to death. The door here can only be opened from the outside. It will be closed immediately after entering. It cannot be opened from the inside."

If it weren't for Shen Xiuze's metal power, they might also be trapped to death. here.

The thick metal door couldn't be opened manually, so these people couldn't get out despite all their efforts.

They found a way to enter at that time. Normally, there should be some people left outside, but Lin An found that these people had dispersed, possibly because of hallucinations or greed. Because of this, he did not stay outside, but went to other caves to look for gold. In the end, everyone was trapped inside.

So they all died of thirst or starvation.

Having come to such a conclusion, the thought that they could spend their last moments miserable and struggling. Lin An stood in the passage, his mind went blank. He seemed to have left this space and was floating in a different world. He didn't know what to do or where he was.

It wasn't until Shen Xiuze handed him the jar containing his parents' ashes that he raised his head and looked at him. Although his face was expressionless, his whole body was pale and fragile, as if he would break into pieces in the next second.

"This is... take it and find a good place to bury it after you get out." Seeing Lin An's extremely fragile appearance, Shen Xiuze felt pain in his heart. He had never experienced such a feeling before.

Lin An must be in more pain than him now.

He stood in front of Lin An, and his voice was soft as if he was afraid of scaring the other person: "If you want to cry, just cry. It will feel better if you cry."

Lin An shook his head, took the jar and held it in his arms. He wanted to smile at Shen Xiuze, but the corner of his mouth just curved in an ugly way: "Let's go out, our purpose of this trip has been achieved."

He found his parents.

But his parents only had bones left.

Shen Xiuze picked up the two backpacks outside. Seeing Lin An's dejected look, he didn't mention them again. He was carrying one bag on his back and another in his hand.

These two were left by Lin An's parents. They are also very important to Lin An and must be taken out.

After that, Lin An kept holding the jar tightly and never said a word again.