Chapter 23 - A Box of Truths

Start from the beginning

It was all thanks to this box of truths. I began debating about whether or not I should open it and let everything out. But even with the truth, there was still doubt. Doubt is coming from all sides, including myself and now Bloody Mary.

"Y/N... Please... I know you can hear me."

 I closed my eyes as her voice echoed through my head. I didn't rise to her words, staying silent, shaking my leg and watching Itadori.

"Y/N! I beg of you, listen to me! My love, let me help you! Whatever has corrupted and twisted your mind- I..."

She fell silent, stumbling on each word as I sighed, returning the conversation. "There's no need to hesitate; just say what is on your mind."

More silence echoed out as I waited for a response; I was about to mock Bloody Mary when she spoke in a meek, defeated whimper. "I want my Y/N back... Whatever, whoever you are parading his face and voice, I will stop you... I will save Y/N as he did save me."

"Oh, Bloody Mary. You really don't get it. I am me. This is me, as always. Listen, I am me, this is me, still the same. My Family, that damn Kronos Family, from the day I was born, they would praise me with such great applause. I was showered in affection and diligence; they said that it was almost as if I was the next coming—the next Pandora. All they did was shower me with respect and help me in such a high regard..." I pause, holding the box up and twisting his, my smile matching the twisted nature. "They didn't even stop to think; maybe they had taken things too far."

I heard Bloody Mary's soft whimpers and sobs; she really couldn't accept the truth, and that was her downfall. "I refuse... I will bring back the true Y/N."

"When I next let you out, when I open this box, you'll see it. The whole world will see it, and it will be the last thing they remember before I pave the way for the new world, just as the Kronos Family envisioned."

There was no response from her as my eyes instead shifted to Itadori, who was throwing up, having retaken control of his body. Lowering the box out of my line of sight, I met his. "Took you long enough; I was beginning to wonder if I had killed you for a moment."

Itadori looked out to the destruction of Shibuya before looking at me. "Y/N... What did we..."

I also looked at the destruction we caused; while it was primarily thanks to Sukuna, I did have a part to play in it. "Don't worry about it. You're the first Sorcerer I've actually come into contact with since the incident. Can you bring me up to scratch?"

Itadori was still shaken up as he echoed. "You... You beat Sukuna... W-What are you-."

Snapping my fingers, I began to get annoyed. "Look at me, Itadori, look at me. It doesn't matter; focus on what's important here. What is going on?"

It took another moment before Itadori stood up and finally faced away from the destruction. "Gojo has been sealed. We were going in to save him."

"Sealed..." I whisper, taken back. Is that really true? While I would say it serves the bastard right, I should be laughing at this revelation of karma. The idea didn't sit well with me. Gojo being so quickly taken off the table without any problem was frustrating. I had tried for months to get away from him, take him out and live my life, and now someone else had done it? While the Kronos Family envisions a new world without Sorcerers, Cursed Spirits or negative emotions, Gojo will always be a threat to that future, whether sealed or not. There's only one outcome you can accept.

"In that case. I'll help save him." You say as you look to Itadori for reinsurance. "If we work together, I know we can get him back... I think I might already know who took him."