Chapter 21 - Shibuya Incident Part 3

"Domain Expansion, Ceremonial Sea of Light."

I lay on my back, all my energy exhausted. I had used so much Cursed Energy in that attack that it fell apart at the last second.

Meji Shrine had faded away into an endless field of flowers, making my heart drop. I had lost all intentions of fighting; my mind was flooded with emotions—fake emotions of joy. Hanami adjusted to its injuries, standing up; as I tried to do the same, a set of roots tore through the ground, tearing right into my body. My entire left arm was ripped apart, leaving nothing left as blood splattered everywhere. This attack was sent back at me again, taking out my right eye. I slumped over, bleeding out.

My head hung low as I couldn't see; I was at death's door when I found the box lying on my lap. It had never been so close before. It was in the palm of my hand. Nothing else mattered; it was here with me.

No, it had been here my whole life.

Every time I came into contact with this box, I did nothing but avoid it like a bad omen. I knew it was trouble. I knew something was right—DK knows that Gojo knows that, Beowulf knows that, and so do I. But... Does it matter anymore?

I'm dying...

Against my better judgement, I held onto my box tightly. My hands are shaking. I lifted the lid and peeked inside. My Father's words came back to me from that fateful day.

"This is a box of lies, secrets, truths, and nothing. When the time comes, you, too, will understand. This box is our salvation. Heed its words well."

"What is the ultimate truth?"

"No more Cursed Spirits. No more Humans. No more life."

Everything made sense.

Hanami stepped back, looking horrified as a surge of endless Cursed Energy began to flow. I slowly rose to my feet, the injuries still there; I was still bleeding out, but somehow, against all odds. I was alive. I hadn't felt more alive in my entire life.

I began approaching Hanami as they kept stepping back. "What are you? What is this!?"

Hanami kept attacking me over and over. Each blow was fatal, killing me on the spot.

A dead body would fall to the ground, yet I would keep walking forward, my past lives all behind me, stacking up. Hanami was desperately trying to do anything to put me down for good. But nothing worked as the pile of dead bodies filled its domain. I stood in front of Hanami, touching its face, a dozen voices speaking through me.

"ȻħȺøs Ŧɇȼħnɨꝗᵾɇ ɃłȺȼꝁ ĐɇȺŧħ"

Hanami's body suddenly shut down as the domain it had created crumbled into dust. Cursed Energy blasted out of Hanami's body, unable to withstand the sudden surge of endless energy as it collapsed to the ground, dying on the spot.

I looked back at the dead ends I had made in the past, all fading away, leaving just me. The victor every time.

I picked up Hanami and began dragging its body away, heading for the train station.

No more Cursed Spirits. No more Humans. No more life.

****

"Since when the hell did humans get that strong?" DK grumbled, covering her face exhausted.

"Or maybe you're just weak."

DK's entire body froze up. She began to tremble, moving her arm away from her face. She began to focus, looking up. There he was, standing over her with a smug look, hands in his pocket. An overwhelming sense of power that even made DK frightened.