Chapter 26 - Idle Death Gamble

"Stop!" DK screams as she and Power jump in between Makima and Nanami brawling.

"DK?!" Nanami grunted, dropping his weapon, stepping back and adjusting his tie. "What is the meaning of this."

DK kept panting and turning to Makima. "They are not your enemy."

Makima only found this tiring as she crossed her arms, playing with the idea. "Explain."

"Your enemy is Y/N."

This only piqued her interest as she lowered her guard. "You wouldn't throw your partner under the bus like that."

DK shook her head hand up. "He did it... Y/N opened Pandora's Box."

Makima's eyes widened as she stepped back; quickly gaining her composure, she nodded. "I see. It's as I feared then. So Y/N has fallen to temptation?"

"No, he's been consumed by the founding Father of the Kronos Family, who is hellbent on wiping this world out and starting anew. He intends on freeing Gojo and proving he's strong enough to kill him. If he succeeds, no one will be able to stop him; it will be the end of the world."

"Only Gojo can stop him?" Denji whispered. "Miss Makima, is that true?"

Makima gave it some thought, annoyed. "I'm afraid so; the power of a Pandora's Box is out of my control. Where is Y/N... No, this new third-party heading, how will he unseal Gojo?"

"One saving grace, he doesn't know," DK informed.

"Yeah, so we can catch him in the act first!" Power cackled.

DK looked at Nanami and Megumi. "Do any of you know a place with a large number of Sorcerers? Anywhere Cyneric might go to seek out answers?"

Nanami shook his head. "He wouldn't go to the Schools; he is probably already aware there's nothing for him there."

"Then we're at a loss?" DK whispered, already feeling like defeat was there, that was until Megumi spoke up.

"There might be one place... A Fight Club, one run by the Third Years of Jujutsu High."

"Fight club, what kind of fight club?"

"Gachinko Fight Club, a place where Sorcerers fight for money."

****

Cynreic stood surrounded by security as he tried making his way into the Gachinko Fight Club. None would budge, only making me remain silent, judging them all.

"You were not invited; leave now; we're warning you."

Cynreic laughed at this, taking a step forward. His cursed energy flowed out as he took down each security guard in the blink of an eye, holding the last one by his collar. "I heard this is where many Sorcerers come to make it big, your boss. I would quite like to speak to them."

"I... I ain't telling you shit!"

Cynreic began preparing his Black Death technique with a sinister look of bliss. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"Oi! What do you think you're doing?" Cynreic turned to see another person staring them down with long dark hair that reached just past the back of their neck and star-shaped pupils. Throwing aside the security, Cynreic smirked, arms crossed. "That outfit, you're with Jujutsu High... The first year, I assume, I've never seen you."

Cynreic looked at the uniform he was stuck in for the time being, amused by the idea. "No, I'm not. The vessel was, I am not. My name is Cynreic, and I am the head of the Kronos Family. Your pathic school holds no value to me, and I would happily burn it to the ground."