Chapter 21 - Shibuya Incident Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember what I promised you and your pet when I got free? I promised I would kill you both." Sukuna taunted, leaning towards her, smiling.

DK still found herself unable to move; whether it was out of fear or exhaustion, she wasn't sure. But there was one thing DK was, and that was very good at playing games.

"Can I get up?"

Sukuna stepped back, hands in his pockets. "You may." Sukuna began watching DK slowly stand up, her fist clenched, and she stared at him uneasily. "Where's your puppet? What was his name again, oh right Y/N. Don't tell me he's already dead."

"Don't you dare speak his name. I should have never trusted Itadori to remain alive under your watch," she echoed, keeping her distance. "So, you're going to kill me now?"

Sukuna tilted his head, shrugging at the idea. "Perhaps I want to talk first; I want to talk with the Cursed Spirit who ruled Europe during my time—the infamous Bloody Mary."

"I have nothing to say to you," DK responded, pointing her finger at Sukuna and making a finger gun. "I killed you once... I-I can... I can do..."

Sukuna began scratching his cheek, not caring. "You killed me under three fingers. Have you seriously been bragging to the world you killed a far weaker version of me? Shame, real shame. That won't be a problem anymore; now, with fifteen fingers, you will be nothing more than a paperweight beneath me."

"Fifteen... No way."

"But, it just so happens I'm feeling generous today, so I'm willing to let you live. I'll spare your life."

DK wasn't buying it. She knew there was a catch, there always was, but she was curious; if there was a chance she could walk away from this, the better; she had already exhausted most of her Cursed Energy from fighting Toji and using her Domain; she couldn't use it again so soon.

"What do I have to do for you to spare me then?"

Sukuna began laughing and glaring at DK. "If you kill your precious Y/N, I'll let you live however you please."

DK's hair fell before her face, covering her expression. She began to tense up, fist clenched. He really was toying with her, treating this as a game. It drove her to the breaking point. DK was well aware that Sukuna knew she would never, in a million years, kill Y/N for her survival; she'd sacrifice herself for him every time. This was just a way to anger her more.

Both Cursed Spirits stood silently on the open road of Shibuya. DK took in her surroundings before taking the plunge and attempting to strike, firing a Shatter technique. Sukuna vanished from sight, appearing behind DK, gripping her collar. "I was hoping you would refuse. I want to see the true power of Bloody Mary; try not to disappoint."

DK was thrown into a building, smashing through the other side as Sukuna's howling laughs echoed out, eating away at her mind. She looked up, finding Sukuna already charging her inches from striking. Forced already into a corner, DK, her eyes glowing with a menacing red hue, crossed her fingers. "Superstition Technique 50/50." Her Cursed Energy bled out all around as she unleashed her Cursed Technique of Superstition. As Sukuna went on strike, his attack was missed as he punched a piece of rubble that had blocked him from DK. He smirked, going again. Every move Sukuna made seemed to backfire: a misstep here, a deflected attack there. Meanwhile, DK's path was clear and fortuitous, dodging falling debris and redirecting Sukuna's strikes with uncanny ease.

"Cheap tricks like that will only get you so far, Bloody Mary." Sukuna taunted, swinging his arm down. His dismantle ability ripped through buildings, slicing them into rubble. He lunged at DK, his hands glowing with dark energy. She deftly sidestepped, her hand swirling with blood that she manipulated into sharp, lethal tendrils. Sukuna laughed away as he narrowly avoided being skewered, but he retaliated with a brutal punch, sending DK crashing through a nearby building.