Chapter 17 - The Woman They Call Beowulf Part 2

Start from the beginning

DK slid back, pivoting her body, summoning the last of the explosive ravens to strike. However, the Ripper swung his clever out, slashing through the building and killing the entire unkindness of Ravens. He also took DK's arm clean off. Her eyes widened as she stumbled back, biting her lip and healing it instantly.

She had underestimated her foe, and she had wasted precious time—the time she knew Y/N needed. While she was wasting her fighting, a weak Cursed Spirit, Y/N, could be... Her eye began twitching as she snapped, lunging at the Ripper as both of them struck each other.

DK punched it in the face, and everything was distorted for a moment with a burst of energy. In that 10th of a second, a large flash of negative energy poured through, sending the Ripper flying back.

Black Flash.

With now the tides in her favour, DK had given up playing easy; she wanted to end now. Joining her fingers together, forming a window, she stared down the Ripper with malice and hate. "Domain Expansion, Through the Looking Glass."

The Manor's ballroom faded away into endless mirrors as the Ripper was left helpless, unable to attack its reflections turning on it.

DK held her hand high above her, bringing it down. "Execution." An invisible force began hacking away at the Ripper's neck, while for most lower Spirits, the decapitation would be instant; DK's execution technique was quite similar to Sukuna's cleave. She could cut the head off any being she used it against, the weaker they are the quicker the cut is. However, the more powerful the Spirit or opponent is in raw strength, willpower, and ambition, the longer it takes to cut. In some cases, if the Spirit is more powerful than DK, the attack wouldn't work.

The Ripper fought back against the attack, using the execution technique of only grazing its neck. DK growled, fuming by this fact as she brought her hand down again, launching constant executions; if she couldn't take its head off with one blow, she'd do it with continuous barrages; one would be enough.

Without any means to fight back, the Cursed Spirit was just forced to defend itself, bearing the attack as the cut became deeper, blood spouting out. With one final swing of her arm, the Ripper's head tore clean off, falling to the floor. DK stared at it a little longer, launching a shatter technique, scattering its body into the glass as the Domain came down.

DK shook the blood off her hand, looking around, frustrated. She used more cursed energy on that fight than she'd like to admit. While Miwa and Mai were down for the time being, Todo was still good to go. He jumped down, meeting her. "If that's dealt with, we should hurry to his aid. I can't leave my friend alone."

DK just nodded, about to move, when her eyes widened as Y/N was blasted through the wall, crashing into the staircase, seemingly down for the count. Her gaze shifted to her love as she whispered in disarray. "Y/N?"

****

"I-I... What the hell have you done to her?"

"I had hoped convincing you Mum was still alive might have been enough for you to hand over the box. I guess I overestimated my Cursed Technique." She sighed, arms crossed. "To be fair, I'm still getting used to my weave technique."

I stood up, my eyes constantly darting between Beowulf and the fake, a mixture of emotions building: fear, devastation, anger, sorrow, and something else.

"Y-You... You used Mother as a puppet to trick me?"

"Don't be foolish, Y/N, hand me the box and then we can be a family again. Me and you, no more Kronos Family telling us what to do, no more Father or Mother. I can be the Sister you need me to be. Just hand me the box."