04

3 days later
_____________
Keshawn keondre
_____________
La had been at my house ever since that shit happened wit her pops he called her everyday but she never picked up cs she knew what he was gonna say.

Her dad used to have bad drinkin problems and whenever he got drunk he'd beat on her and her momma ... well before her momma died and after her momma died it got worse

Till one day in middle school Dovee tried to kill herself Cs of how bad it got that's when her dad realized how bad he was doing as a father so he got his shit tg.

Till 3 days ago at least.

"Hi mama" I said walkin into the living room seein her watchin tv " hii" she said with a smile on ha face. "La" I spoke noticin sum "hm?" She responded turnin her attention frm the tv to me "I js noticed that your eyes aren't brown" I laughed

"no they are sometimes , they change colors. Sometimes they're like a hazel color sometimes there brown" she said smilin "yo ass a vampire ?" I said jokingly "boy" she playfully hits my chest

"what I tell you bout that dior" I said pointin my finger in ha face. "Mhm , can we go to the mall" she said "no" I spoke seriously "what..?" She asked confused "you alr got enough clothes in them damn drawers." I said gettin up goin into the kitchen "okay well ima have to go home" she says followin me.

"What?" I ask "ima have to go home, mostly all the things I need are there. Ima see you later Ke" she said walkin out the kitchen "Ik you ain't serious" I said " im so deadass serious... we both knew this was gonna come to a end eventually, I can't stay here forever" she spoke while puttin her black low top uggs on.

"Ima come withchu"

"You don't got to, I'm prolly jus gon stay der still I find a house or apartment to be honest, I js feel like I needa live on my own cause I feel so I don't know, I feel like I js count on everyone else to do sum for me but I don't count on myself. I need to live on my own fr" she spoke walkin out the door.

I put on my shoes followin her outside "You can't go back der by yourself foo" I said stepping in front of ha .

"But I can , if he's still drunk ima js leave. there isn't anything I can rlly do unless I move out" she said walkin around me goin to her car

"Man, don't come back ova here when he start beatin yo ass" I said walkin away towards my house

"Wasn't plannin on it anyways the fuck bitch" she responded gettin in ha car then drivin off .

I lowkey didn't mean to be mean but like damn , she's stubborn ash and stupid too. I wanna help her but she don't ever let me so ima let her fuck up her life on ha own .

********************

Ladovee dior.

I was driving to my dads house well my house to get some stuff ... I wanted to go back to Keshawns but if that's outta the picture so ima js call my sister and see if I can stay with her for a day. But I also go back to work this week and I have school on top of that...

I go up the stairs to my house and I unlock it using my key and I see my dad but I didnt make any eye contact with him I js went straight to my room and closed the door.

I started packin up some stuff and my dad opened my door.

"Dove.." he says standin in my doorway "hm?" I spoke while still packin up my stuff "I'm sorry for doin that to you.. like im genuinely sorry. And I know I promised that I wouldn't get drunk again but life was gettin hard." He said .

Ts was so pathetic

"You can't Js apologize for that. You beat me still I was bleeding and I let you because you're my fuckin father. I will never forgive you for that because all the trauma and all the flashbacks to when it was an everyday thing is and are back." I said feelin tears roll down my face.

I didn't wanna hear another excuse so I js left.

"Hello?" My sister said on the other side of the phone "hey.. do you think I can stay with you for a day or 2? Dad beat me again and I don't know where else to go." I say.

"Ofcc you can! We will speak when you get here" she says "okay.. I love you I'm on the way." I say "I love you too" she responds soon after hangin up.

I get to her house and we talk and talk and talk. After allat talkin I eventually go in the guest room and gts.

************

Ik this chapter was boring but it's a storyline .. I can't jump right into all the drama and Otha shii. But ima do drama next chapter.. MAYBE so don't get yo hopes up 😂.