This is so odd. Moss knew he'd have to talk with friends and family about Tye, but he never considered his work getting involved.

To: David Work

Yeah, I'm dating a player on the Colorado Boulders. We just confirmed it publicly.

Moss desperately wants his boss to get to the point of this conversation. He feels incredibly uncomfortable talking about his relationship status with the older man over text.

David Work

Fantastic, congratulations to you both!

I don't mean to pry, but I was just wondering if this happened to be the reason why you requested to work remotely for two weeks.

Humming to himself in understanding, Moss realizes that his boss probably just wants clarification on why he is spending so much time away from the office.

To: David Work

Thank you and yes. They're in the playoffs right now and I wanted to attend as many games as possible in Colorado.

David Work

If I had known sooner I would have granted you permission to work remotely until the end of their playoff run.

Your performance hasn't declined over the past two weeks that you've been away. Please don't feel the need to rush back to Detroit so long as the Boulders are in the playoffs!

Blinking in surprise, Moss rushes to accept his bosses offer before he can retract it for whatever reason.

To: David Work

Wow, thank you so much! I was planning on flying back on Sunday, but I'll cancel my flight if they move on to the second round.

He smiles to himself thinking about how he can actually plan to watch away games with the girls now and continue to attend home games.

David Work

No problem at all! I'll be rooting for the Boulders since Detroit wasn't able to make it into the playoffs this year **frowny face emoji**

Have a great weekend!

Moss promptly screenshots the conversation and sends it to Tye.

Tye>:)<3

Send me your bosses addy

I'm gonna have an edible arrangement delivered to his house **apple emoji** **arm flexing emoji**

-

After yet another grueling game full of aggressive hits from the players and big saves made by both team's goaltenders, the Boulders win 5-3. With this being their fourth win, they are officially moving on to round two where they'll face off against the San Francisco Anglers.

The WAG group chat sends celebratory gifs while the Core Four chat confirms their plans to host a mini watch party at the Evans household for the first away game.

Moss floods his boyfriend with congratulatory messages all of which contain an over-usage of capital letters, exclamation points and emojis. He tells him to have fun with the boys tonight and to let him know what time they're flying back the next day when he has the chance.

He turns the volume up when they start to discuss Shane during the post-game show that he's watching on the TV while laying in Tye's bed. Moss had seen that Shane took a big hit from one of Houston's goons late in the third when it became apparent that the Boulders were most likely going to win. Shane was slow to get up from the ice, but continued skating for the rest of the game.

"The Boulders head coach has confirmed that Shane Kettler has sustained an upper body injury and will be out week-to-week going into the second round of the playoffs," the reporter informs as a video of Shane getting hit plays on the screen. "This unfortunate hit may prevent the young center from playing for the rest of the playoffs. Hopefully the Boulders are able to recover from the loss of their second line center when they take on San Francisco."

Moss changes the channel and tries to will his body into a state of drowsiness, wanting it to be the next day so he can see Tye in person again. He nearly succeeds in falling asleep when he receives a chain of texts from his, clearly inebriated, boyfriend that make him laugh.

Tye>:) <3

THANJKS SWEEETS

MIS YOOU SOMUCH

**blurry selfie of Tye and Ev with their arms around each other, they look to be drenched in sweat and champagne**

**shaky video of Sasha doing a keg stand in a dingy bar while everyone yells loudly in encouragement**

MOSS this is ennny

u takre care of mu boy martty alrght!!?'!'

The drunken messages are the last thing Moss sees before falling asleep with a small smile on his face.