Back after Break (Chapter 1)

It was Monday, the start of the new week that followed fall break. In the highschool of Rosemeadow, a boy with blonde, fluffy hair and chocolatey brown eyes wandered the halls in search of a certain blue haired girl. The bell had just rung, announcing the start of fourth period. Jake hurried, shoved, and pushed his way through the endless crowds of anxious highschoolers sprinting to their lockers to grab their books, then running down halls and through doorways. The boys eyes darted around, scouting for the girl. He reached the end of the bustling crowd, the slight hope of seeing her past the mob. He didn't manage to find her, but who he did find was a red haired girl with fiery red eyes walking alongside a dark violet haired boy, his eyes gleamed with a bright lavender color. Jake waved to the two, and the duo stopped when their names were called. "Zander! Milly!" the blonde shouted over the rushing crowd. "What's up!?"  the girl hollered, trying to make her voice clear. "Where's your sister?!" Jake called to the purple haired boy. Zander tried to respond when a stressed and frazzled teenager rushed by, bumping him in the shoulder with such a force that made him topple. "AGH, HEY!" the boy shouted, regaining his balance. Milly cackled and he shot her a murderous glance. Then he regained his focus on the peach haired boy, who was nearly being plowed over himself. "I don't know but we need to head to class!" Zander shouted over the mob of eager teens, shoving past the trio. Jake saw the two start for their class, "Wait! Where can I find her?!" he tried, but the mob soon parted and he saw that they were gone. "Ugh! DARN IT!" he shouted to himself before hurrying off. He figured he'd just have to find his friend later, otherwise he would surely miss his class.

Jake rushed through the halls, down the stairs to the second floor. "Almost there..." he panted, running through a corridor to the next flight of stairs. He grabbed the rail and swung around, bolting down the stairs. He caught a glimpse of the clock 'Oh shoot! I'M LATE!' he screamed inside his thoughts. Jake jumped the last three steps and darted down the hall. He sprinted towards the open door that led to his next class. 'Almost there..!' He was now practically reaching for the doorway. He could hear the voice of the teacher beginning the lesson. Jake grasped the doorpost and swiftly rounded the corner, almost launching into the room, "I'M HERE!" he shouted, panting and heaving for breath. The class froze and glared at the boy in the doorway, wet with perspiration. Jake turned red with embarrassment as the teacher rubbed his temples. "You're late, now SIT DOWN!" he shouted, pointing to a chair in the back. The boy kicked himself inside, and walked awkwardly to the empty chair in the corner. He sat down in the makeshift wooden seat and placed his elbow on the desk in front of him.

The minutes crawled by as the man droned on and on about the lesson. Jake was lost in thought, gazing out of the window at the black clouds covering the sky. He groaned, wishing he had found his friend earlier. He hadn't seen her at all that way and was eager to see her after the break. He broke his thoughts and tried to pay attention. The teacher talked continuously, murmuring to the bored class. Jake's eyes suddenly felt heavy and his head began to droop slowly. He was tired and drained from the night before. He had procrastinated the whole week and was cramming all of his schoolwork in one night. The boy realized there was drool on his desk, he was falling asleep. He fought to stay awake, but to no avail. His head drooped and his eyes fluttered open and closed. His hands and limbs fell limp with the exhaustion, as they craved the sleep the blonde had lost.

Jake rested his head on his desk. 'I'll just lay my head down for a minute... I won't sleep... just rest.' then he closed his eyes and buried his head into his arms, which were now crossed, and laid on the desk.