Chapter Nine *Mature Content*

Ashanti woke up to talking. There were only men voices talking. She climbed out of bed and quietly left her room, walking down the hall. When she reached the edge, she peaked around the wall to see Lucas and two other men talking. Lucas noticed Ashanti and waved her over to sit next to him.

"Babe, these are my friends, Joseph and Nate. They're the reason I transferred down here. Nate and I grew up together, while Joseph and I went to the academy together." Lucas introduced.

She gave them a small wave and they returned the same with smiles.

"It's nice to finally meet you. We were starting to think that you weren't real and Luke photoshopped all the pictures he showed us." Nate joked.

"Hahaha, very funny." Lucas said sarcastically, giving Nate a kick to the leg. "I hope you don't mind them being over. We wanted to check on some more things for you."

Ashanti shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'm happy to meet any friend of yours." She said, her voice slightly raspy.

"Yeah, that Eric guy is a real psycho. Apparently, he already has a warrant out for his arrest. He killed his ex-girlfriend in Texas." Joseph stated, taking a sip of his beer.

"Was the girl's name Danielle by any chance?" Ashanti asked curiously.

Joseph and Nate stared at her, slightly confused. "Yeah, how did you-"

"She's my best friend... well, was my best friend. We stopped being friends when I found out he cheated on me with her." She explained.

"Shit. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." Joseph apologized.

"No, it's not your fault. I always wondered what happened to her, but I finally got my answer."

Sensing the tension, Nate quickly changed the subject to something else. Feeling hungry, Ashanti got up and walked to the kitchen. She saw a bunch of meals in containers and scanned each one before settling with a chicken Alfredo one. She stood at the island, watching Lucas talk with his friends.

She could tell by how they talked and joked around with each other that they had more of a brotherly relationship than friendship. She was happy to know that he wasn't necessarily alone down here when it came to family.

"Oh, you wanna watch the game?" Nate asked as he turned on the tv, turning it to football.

Ashanti looked at the tv to see the Baltimore ravens were playing the New England patriots and the patriots had the lead. It's been a while since she watched football, so she didn't hesitate to sit back down next to Lucas to watch.

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her as close to him physically possible. Ashanti thought about Danielle and her heart broke a little. Even though she did her dirty, Ashanti would never wish death on her. To hear that Eric would even go that far, it terrified her and made her think to what he would have done to her if they had gotten married.

Eventually, the guys left, leaving the two to themselves. Ashanti could hear the tub running as she sat on the couch. She heard Lucas fumbled around before he came out to guide her to the bathroom. Her eyes teared up when she walked in.

He made her a bubble bath and lit candles in the bathroom. He had a towel and night clothes folded on the sink.

"I figured you want a bath after what happened yesterday." Lucas explained. "Let me know if you need anything."

~~

"Do you think he'll like this one?" Ashanti asked as she raised up the red lingerie set for Gia to see.

Gia shook her head. "The red is yes, but that style is a hell no. I thought you were waiting until marriage."

"I was, but I changed my mind." She said as she looked through the lingerie options.